Free Press Shifts Business Book Strategy
- S&S signs Shinker to head Free Press nonfiction shop. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;07/20/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 32, p4
Announces that William M. Shinker, former publisher of Broadway Books and HarperCollins, will head Simon & Schuster's the Free Press.
- Simon & Schuster Adds Three Imprints. Milliot, Jim; Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;10/7/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 40, p15
Reports on the imprints launched by Simon & Schuster in 2002. Plans for Free Press imprint in Great Britain; Appointment of Andrew Gordon at Free Press; Preparation for the launch of the Downtown imprint.
- Kaplan Publishing Increases Educational Titles as it Dissolves S&S Partnership. // Book Publishing Report;Jan2007, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the increase of the educational titles published by Kaplan Publishing as it partners with Simon & Schuster Inc. in the U.S. The company has published a total of 227 titles in 2006 which 152 titles are on the education side and 75 are on the business segment. It is stated...
- Simon & Schuster Contract With Dow Jones For Wall Street Journal Books Ends. // Book Publishing Report;3/8/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p1
Reports that Dow Jones & Co. and Simon & Schuster Inc. allowed their contract for the Wall Street Journal Books imprint to run out on February 1, 2004.
- Free Press debuts paperback imprint. Oder, Norman // Publishers Weekly;12/18/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 51, p22
Reports on Simon & Schuster's (S&S) plan to introduce a Free Press trade paperback imprint and to reprint Free Press hardcovers more aggressively. `The Bell Curve' as the first book under the imprint; Comments of S&S vice president Mark Gompertz on the plans; Number of titles to be published in...
- Crown Publishers Optimistic About Wall Street Journal Books. // Book Publishing Report;4/12/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the expectation of Crown Publishers for its alliance with The Wall Street Journal in the U.S. Formation of Crown (New York) of a three-year alliance with Dow Jones & Co.; Estimated amount of business book revenues during 2003 generated by Randon House; Inclusion of extended narratives...
- SmartMoney Custom Offers Financial Services Clients Increased Response Rate Through Data and Personalization. Voltollna, Vanessa // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Jul2009, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p60
The article presents information about the custom publisher Custom Solutions From SmartMoney. It is developed through a joint venture between Dow Jones & Co. Inc. and Hearst SM Partnership. Custom Solutions From SmartMoney focuses mainly on the financial services industry. For financial client...
- Claire Israel Moves to Simon & Schuster. // Publishers Weekly;4/5/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 14, p12
Reports on the appointment of Claire Israel as director of electronic publishing at Simon & Schuster on March 29, 2004. Responsibilities of Israel; Professional background.
- Burkin to Join S& Sales Unit. // Publishers Weekly;8/11/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 32, p123
Reports on the appointment by Simon & Schuster of Michael Burkin as vice president and director of field sales and distribution client services. Background of Burkin.