Conquering the Peak
- Chapter One. Kingston, William H. G. // Mountain Moggy: The Stoning of the Witch;3/ 1/2008, p1
Chapter 1 of the book "Mountain Moggy: The Stoning of the Witch" is presented. It explores the experience of a young traveler who traveled along one of the mountain ranges in Great Britain. It also focuses on the hut found by the young traveler while he was climbing the side of the mountain...
- SUPERSTITION MOUNTAINS IN ARIZONA. // America's Civil War;Nov2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, HISTORIC TRAVELER.com p17
Outlines information for travellers to the Superstition Mountains in Phoenix, Arizona. Location and means of transportation; Schedule of hikings; Lodging and diners near the mountains.
- The Rage For Rainier. Kane, Joe // Conde Nast Traveler;Aug2000, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p86
Recounts the author's experience in climbing Mount Ranier in Washington. First crevasse hit; Description of the mountain; Weather conditions; Accessibility of the mountain; Challenges of the trip; Companions; Hiking experience. INSET: CAN YOU DO RAINIER?.
- Almost Everest. Kane, Joe // Conde Nast Traveler;Aug2000, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p123
Provides information to help travelers plan a climbing trip to Mount Ranier in Washington. Contact information for trips; Accommodations; Trip rates.
- Vancouver Island's big mountains. Obee, Bruce // Beautiful British Columbia;Fall2000, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p6
Features the mountain range in Vancouver Island, British Columbia. Description of Mount Arrowsmith; Travel details to the island; Designation of Strathcona Provincial Park as the first provincial park.
- The Magic MOUNTAIN. McKone, Meg // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;Jan-Mar2000, Issue 75, p47
Features the Koondah Tower mountain in New South Wales. Reason behind the tower's magic nature; How to reach it; Description on the landscape.
- The Intrepid Explorer. // Backpacker;Nov2010, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p65
The article provides instructions on how to travel across any type of landscape including steep rock, dense forest, and snowfields.
- Mount Charleston set to peak as a tourism attraction. Beckley, Barbara // Travel Agent;9/2/96 Supplement Las Vegas, Vol. 283 Issue 3, p10
Describes tourist activities and attractions at Mount Charleston in Las Vegas, Nevada. Includes Mount Charleston Inn Hotel; Mount Charleston Resort; Construction projects; Hiking, camping, picnicking, horseback riding and skiing at Lee Canyon.
- High-wire action from Borneo. Deegan, Paul // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Jul2000, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p88
Relates an experience in filming an expedition to the Borneo mountains for Internet viewing. Filming equipment used; Details on the journey; Lesson learn from the experience.