- Go from walking to running. // Self;Sep2006, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p98
The article discusses the significance of running as a form of exercise along with tips on performing the task well. Running can burn more calories and can also contribute to the slimming of the legs. Moreover, one can develop endurance and gain more muscles. To jumpstart the training, one...
- Staying Healthy: Borg Ratings of Perceived Exertion (RPE) Scale. // Mayo Clinic Guide to Self-Care;2005, p217
Presents the Borg Ratings of Perceived Exertion scale. Maximal exercise capacity; Rating for sitting comfortably in a chair; Rating for jogging.
- Diversify for fitness. Pells, Leah // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Dec2005, Issue 278, p68
The article presents various methods to improve physical fitness by changing the routine. It suggests hill running; especially on the steeper side as a way to develop power and muscle elasticity. Another exercise is pyramid workout, a training exercise for building strength and endurance. It...
- Notes and Comment. // New Yorker;7/13/1968, Vol. 44 Issue 21, p21
The article presents notes and comments on joggers who nudge around from morning to evening. They run past on the surrounding uptown block heading to the park or towards their homes wearing their old sneakers and faded shirts. Joggers are from both sexes of different ages but mostly are men of...
- 30 minutes to sexier legs. Ryno, Jim // Shape;Jan2007, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p96
The article presents information on how women can tone their thighs by burning fat. Thirty minutes of workout with the help of a bike can help in burning 350 calories. The workout plan includes jogging, climbing and sprinting. It should begin with a warm-up and the level of resistance should be...
- SHAPE UP AT HOME. Jones, Donna // Good Health & Medicine;Aug2008, p126
The article deals with jogging at home during the cold season. The cardio exercise works the heart and lungs, as well as legs and butt. The exercise burns up to 40 kilo joules per minute. It provides tips on warming up before jogging. It outlines the steps in executing the exercise. It...
- Strangers in Our Midst. Kardong, Don // Marathon & Beyond;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p13
This article discusses the perception that those who don't run outdoors for fitness have of those who do. The author recounts the reaction of disbelief by a woman he passed while running one cold winter morning. While he was having an enjoyable experience, she couldn't believe anyone would be...
- 24 YEARS AGO IN TIME. // Time;6/6/2005, Vol. 165 Issue 23, p25
Focuses on a cover article on fitness that appeared in the November 2, 1981 issue of "TIME" magazine. Excerpt from the article; Phenomenon of the so-called fitness obsession.
- Tone your legs. Baker, Liz // Self;Sep2004, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p48
Presents an idea for toning the leg muscles. Physical fitness benefit of moving up and down the stairs; Calorie burning effect of jogging.