Puzzled airman shares craft
- CROSSWORD CAREER. Hlotyak, Elizabeth // Westchester County Business Journal;2/3/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p12
Profiles Will Shortz, an enigmatologist in New York. Educational background; Career highlights; Creation of the American Crossword Puzzle Tournament by Shortz.
- Cross Words. McCormick, Meghan // Indianapolis Monthly;Nov2001, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p38
Profiles crossword puzzle maker Will Shortz in New York. Issues of Shortz's crossword entitled 'Homonames'; Educational background; Career highlights.
- Computer quips. Weiner, Mark // Science World;3/8/96, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p21
Presents information on a crossword puzzle. Importance of clues.
- Storm front. Carron, Angela // Science World;10/6/95, Vol. 52 Issue 3, pTE 7
Presents information on a crossword puzzle called storm front, which was created by Angela Carron. Clues.
- Weather words. Williams, Misty // Science World;2/23/96, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p21
Presents information on crossword through puzzle's theme. Information on clues.
- Crossword puzzle constructor. Mariani, Matthew // Occupational Outlook Quarterly;Spring98, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p42
Describes the job of Daniel Stark as a crossword puzzle constructor. Keys to having a successful career in crossword puzzle construction; Use of crossword compiling software; Sources of questions used by Stark in his crosswords; Stark's fascination for solving crossword puzzles; Previous jobs...
- Master the universe. Rodriguez, John // Science World;3/22/96, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p21
Presents information on a crossword puzzle game which was created by John Rodriguez. Role of clues in puzzle game.
- SPELLING PRESS. // School Library Journal;Jun89, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p62
Reviews the computer software 'Spelling Press,' a tool that aides in the production of crosswords.
- SOLVERS. Schulman, Michael // New Yorker;3/15/2010, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p24
The article discusses and presents commentary about attendees of the American Crossword Puzzle Tournament in New York City. Individuals present included both those skillful at solving puzzles and creating them. Frank Longo is renowned among enthusiasts for the thousands of crossword-suitable...