Snowflakes in the Desert
- Twenty-First-Century Air Warfare and the Invisible War. Benitez, Michael W. // Air & Space Power Journal;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p85
The author discusses how the U.S. Air Force utilize its technological advantage in warfare. The author states the Air Force must improve its twenty-first organizational structure. The author mentions that the proposed Warfighter Integration and Innovation Branch (W12B) can increase the...
- Disabling systems and the Air Force. Hunter, Roger C. // Airpower Journal;Fall94, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p43
Discusses the US Air Force's decision to pursue the conceptual maturation and operational exploitation of disabling strategies and technologies and to be involved in the Department of Defense's systems' development effort. Definition of the term `disabling weapon'; Importance of disabling...
- Information warfare. Stein, George J. // Airpower Journal;Spring95, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p30
Discusses the concept of information warfare (IW). Definition; Importance of developing an IW strategy; US Air Forces' doctrine regarding IW.
- Roche on Warpath. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/3/2003, Vol. 158 Issue 9, p56
Reports on the dissatisfaction of the U.S. Air Force Secretary James Roche over uniformed officers and Lockheed Martin officials for their lack of attention to details in the F/A-22 weapons system program. Inadequacies in the Air Force budget for the unpredictable challenges and risks...
- Air Force Transformation. // Aerospace Power Journal;Fall2001, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p85
Discusses the transformation in the United States Air Force. Challenges of the security environment; Ramifications of the transformation for the structural and operational enhancement of military services; Elements of the transformation.
- Global Dynamic Operations. // Aerospace Power Journal;Fall2001, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p101
Discusses problems and solutions in the United States Air Force. Implementation of 'global dynamic operations' (GDO); Benefits of GDO; Problems with GDO.
- The Yamamoto Mission. Haulman, Daniel L. // Air Power History;Summer2003, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p30
Recounts the mission of the U.S. Air Force to assassinate Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto aboard a Lightning aircraft on his way to the Island of Bougainville. Background of the mission; Attainment of mission objectives; Impact on Japanese and U.S. military morale.
- Air Force Historical Foundation Fifty Years of Promoting Air Power. // Air Power History;Summer2003, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p38
Presents photographs of the presidents of the U.S. Air Force Historical Foundation from 1953 to 1998.
- Setting Conditions for Success: An Air Defense Perspective. Jordan, Stephen T. // Military Review;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p65
Offers a look into the process of digitizing the United States (US) Air Force as it pertains to one branch's approach to the complexities involved in sustaining this type of force. Head start of the Air Defense Artillery; Details on the soldiers of the US Air Force; Lessons learned; Questions.