Green power fest draws 50,000
- Rock for Earth! Henderson, Samantha; Entin, Carli // Scholastic Math;4/17/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p3
The article provides information on the 2006 One Earth Concert in Cardiff, Wales and presents a quiz on finding square miles in 640 acres. Performers in the concert include The Strokes and the Darkness. Renewable energy comes from sources that do not run out like the sun, wind, water and natural...
- The Times They Are A-Climate Changin'. // Sustain' Magazine;2006, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p7
The article reports on the participation of rock musicians in the One Earth Concert that will be held in Great Britain in January 2006. The concert aims to promote awareness of climate change. It will be broadcast to millions worldwide, and expects to instigate public action towards climate...
- Energy Consequences. // Pollution Engineering;Dec2009, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on the decline of natural gas as the renewable projects have developed in Colorado in 2009.
- A Plan, But No Customers. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31316, p1
Focuses on the plan of California's power authority to promote renewable energy and boost electricity reserves. Key goals of the power authority; Ability of the private sector to manage power projects.
- Applying the Proposed TNS Energy Budget to Various Building Types. Schwer, Paul // Environmental Design & Construction;May/Jun2002, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p36
Discusses the application of The Natural Step energy budget to various building types. Combination of improved building efficiency, improved photovoltaic efficiency and other sources of renewable energy; Use of average energy use indices.
- Switch on the sunlight. O'Flahertie, Susan // Asian Business Review;Jun95, p57
Reports on the Northern Territory's edge in the export of alternative energy. Costs of connecting remote areas to power grids; Local firms bidding for the installation of solar units in Indonesia; Development of an electronic regulator for solar units by the Northern Territory University.
- Plugging green power. Belsie, Laurent // Christian Science Monitor;1/29/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 44, p16
Reports on the interest of individuals and corporations in renewable energy sources.
- 'Green' definition generates debate. Belsie, Laurent // Christian Science Monitor;1/29/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 44, p16
Focuses on the debate about what actually constitutes green power.
- Annual MREA Fair doesn't disappoint attendees. Tucker, Anne-marie Belanger // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p8
Presents information on the three-day Midwest Renewable Energy Fair in June 2003 in Custer, Wisconsin.