Texas Housing Agency's $189 Million Sale Features Two Firsts
- Texas agency readying multi-stuctured, single-family series. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;10/19/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30750, p28
Reports on the plan of the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs to issue single-family mortgage revenue bonds. Structure of the bonds; Sale date; Credit enhancement; Ratings; Underwriting syndicate.
- Texas DHCA to Offer $155M in Residential Mortgage Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/7/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31219, p39
Reports the decision to sell $155 million in residential mortgage bonds by the Department of Housing and Community Affairs in Texas. Components of the deal; Utilization of the savings in subsidizing mortgages for borrowers at low rates; Assistance given to low-income and moderate-income...
- New leader hopes to mend Texas housing agency's image. // Bond Buyer;01/12/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30556, p27
Presents an interview with Daisy Stiner, interim executive director of the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs, concerning housing, mortgage bonds and the agency. Includes a discussion on reason for working in the public sector; Relationship with predecessor Larry Paul Manley;...
- M.R. Beal moves up to senior manage Texas housing deal. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;08/10/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30701, p40
Reports on M.R. Beal & Co.'s handling of the single-family mortgage bonds of the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs. M.R. Beal's five largest senior-managed issues; Structure of the planned bond issue.
- Texas Housing Bonds Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;04/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30874, p2
Reports on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s upgrading of the rating of Texas Department of Housing & Community Affairs' single-family mortgage revenue bonds. Outlook on the junior bonds; Basis of the upgrade.
- Texas Housing Deals Cut to B By S&P. // Bond Buyer;7/03/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31670, p2
Reports that U.S.-based ratings agency Standard & Poor's Corp. has downgraded revenue bonds issued by Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs. Reason behind the downgrade in bonds rating; Impact of the downgrade in bonds rating on debt service reserve fund.
- Neb. HFA Eyes Swap Safety. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;12/15/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33433, p1
The article reports on the Nebraska Investment Finance Authority (NIFA's) move that aimed at helping the authority manage swap risk in Nebraska. It states that NIFA faces a potential problem with debt that is hedged with interest-rate swaps and prepares two-part sale to aid manage swap risk. A...
- Firms get piece of Denver swap in return for 'pain and agony'. Preston, Darrell; McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;08/09/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30700, p1
Reports on Denver, Colorado's interest rate swap on $200 million of outstanding bonds dating back to 1991. Financing of the city's international airport; Competitive bid held by Denver, Colorado.
- Massachusetts joins select company by engaging in hefty interest rate swap. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;07/28/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30196, p1
Reports on Massachusetts' interest rate swap transaction on general obligation bonds. Sale of additional variable-rate refunding bonds; Swap back to a fixed-rate obligation; Estimated present value savings generated by the swap for the state.