D.C. Mayor Williams Want to Issue Up to $675 Million in Bonds
- Mayor's '07 Budget for D.C. Calls For $849M in Issuance. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/22/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32344, p5
The article reports on Washington, D.C. Mayor Anthony Williams' proposed 4.95 billion budget for fiscal 2007 which begins on October 1, 2007. It includes the issuance of 849 million dollars in bonds, almost all of which would be general obligation debt. The budget refers to locally generated...
- D.C. Mayor's 2003 Budget Calls for $250M of GO Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31347, p1
Reports on the launching of the city budget by Anthony A. Williams, mayor of Washington D.C. Data on the proposed budget; Worth of the issued general obligation bonds; Impact of the increased demand for special education and health care services to the funds of the city.
- Aide to D.C. Mayor: Agreement Near at Hand to Close Budget Gap. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31471, p5
Reports the agreement of council members and Mayor Anthony A. Williams on eliminating the projected shortfall in the fiscal 2003 budget in Washington D.C. Discussion on the ways to deal with the budgetary hole; Official revenue estimates for fiscal 2003; Approval of district governments's...
- D.C. mayor proposes $3.2 billion budget for fiscal 2001. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;03/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30848, p4
Focuses on the fiscal 2001 budget proposed by Washington, D.C. Mayor Anthony A. Williams. Approximate amount in added general obligation bond authority for fiscal 2001 under the budget proposal; Allocation breakdown of the proposed fiscal 2001 budget; Reaction of city council members to the...
- Line-Item Veto Unlikely to Slow Congress on D.C. Budget. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31914, p33
Reports that District of Columbia Mayor Anthony Williams has vetoed a provision within the proposed budget for the fiscal year which begins on October 1, 2004. Impact on the progress in Congress of the federal spending legislation that incorporates the budget.
- D.C., in Need of Cash, Aims to Move Up $300 Million Deal. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31802, p27
Washington D.C. is hoping to move its planned fall sale of 300 million dollars in general obligation bonds up to June or July, 2003, if it can get the paperwork in order by that time, treasurer N. Anthony Calhoun said on March 26, 2003. â€œ We want to move up the sale because the spending...
- Breakthrough Reached On D.C. Budget. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;05/16/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30892, p1
Reports that District of Columbia council members and Mayor Anthony A. Williams have resolved their differences over the proposed fiscal 2001 budget. Dispute over whether reserve funds could be spent on ongoing district programs; Proposed total budget; Williams' proposed increase in spending.
- Mayor, Council Members Close To Resolving Budget Differences. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/1/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31626, p5
District of Columbia Mayor Anthony A. Williams said that he and District Council members are close to resolving their differences over the proposed 5.6 billion dollar fiscal 2004 budget, on which the council is scheduled to vote in less than a week. The council is scheduled to vote on the...
- D.C. Mayor Confident Ballpark Financing On Track. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/9/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32128, p34
The article focuses on Washington D.C. Mayor, Anthony Williams who expects that the district will build a new ballpark for people on time and on budget. The total cost projection takes into account many factors, including changeable interest rates, changes in the bond market and other unknowable...