San Diego District Watching Market Closely Before Issuing $350M
- Untitled. // Bond Buyer;10/16/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32487, p37
The article presents several charts related to bond market in the U. S. One chart shows the top bond counsel for the first nine months of 2006, in which Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP ranked first having a total dollar amount of $22, 509.8, followed by Sidley Austin LLP with $13, 095.3. Ambac...
- MBIA Begins Offering Insurance on BondLink. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;10/05/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30990, p2
Reports that MBIA Insurance Corp. is offering municipal bond insurance in the secondary market through its partnership with Trading Edge Inc.'s BondLink. Bond-trading platform; BondLink system's premium quote and insurance selling services; Eventuality of online bond municipal bond trading.
- Draft Report Urges Changes to Texas School Bond Programs, PSF. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/1/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32519, p60
The article reports that the legislature of Texas has been urged by the finance and education committees of the U.S. Senate to increase the rate of the multiplier used in the Permanent School Fund (PSF) bond-backing guarantee program. This guarantee allows districts to avoid the costs of private...
- San Diego Schools Refunding Up To $300M, on Top of $200M Sale. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31948, p1
Reports on the plan of the San Diego Unified School District in California, to try anew to refund money and the new-money sale of general obligation bonds. Goal of refunding of three percent present-value savings; Insurance of the new-money bonds by Financial Security Assurance Inc. and the...
- Moody's Negative on Indianapolis Housing Debt. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31647, p40
This article reports that the ratings agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. placed $22.8 million of multifamily revenue bonds issued through Indianapolis for the Lake Nora and Fox Club apartments on its watch list for a possible downgrade in the first week of June 2003, citing the difficulty in...
- MBIA Announces a Net Loss of Less Than 1% in 2Q Profits. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;8/4/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31940, p5
Reports on a one percent decline in 2004 second-quarter profits posted by bond insurer MBIA Inc., the parent company of MBIA Insurance Corp. Smaller gains on derivative exposure compared to the previous year; Net income; Comments of chief financial officer Nicholas Ferreri during a conference call.
- MBIA Earns Top Spot in Revamped Insurer Rankings; FSA Takes 2d. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;10/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31991, p1
Reports that MBIA Insurance Corp. ranked number one among bond insurers in the United States in the first nine months of 2004, according to Thomson Financial Inc. Long-term bonds insured by MBIA; Changes in Thomson's method of ranking insurers; Volume sold by Financial Security Assurance.
- MBIA, Ambac Lowered. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;6/6/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32894, p1
The article reports on the downgrade rating given to MBIA Insurance Corp. and Ambac Assurance Corp. after Macquarie Group, the Australian investment bank and infrastructure specialist was reported to be planning to start a bond insurer in the U.S. The insurers' lack of new business prospects,...
- MBIA's New Insurer Gets Some Bites. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;3/4/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33074, p1
The article reports that MBIA Insurance Corp. of Illinois, to be renamed National Public Finance Guaranty Corp. by MBIA Inc., has received five requests to provide bond insurance in both the primary and secondary market. The public finance company is considering two after turning down three...