Hartford Agency Picks Merrill, Loop for 1st Revenue Deal
- Merrillï¿½Naked Ambition in Munis. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/19/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 33, p13
Reports the negotiation between Merrill Lynch & Co. and the Orange County officials in California. Enhancement of the municipal bond transactions; Restoration of the business relationship with the county; Reorganization the business transaction.
- Merrill Lynch to bid on Pittsburgh deal. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;11/18/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30275, p36
Reports on the decision of Merrill Lynch to bid on the general obligation bond offering of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Value of the bonds; Negotiation of the deal over the Internet using start-up MuniAuction web site designed by Grant Street Advisors.
- Munis end down, but Tampa issue, other new deals, are well-received. Louis, Brian; Rannazzisi, Julie; Gallo, Pete // Bond Buyer;01/08/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30306, p1
Assesses the performance of municipal bonds in the United States as of January 8, 1998. Offering by Merrill Lynch & Co. of health system revenue bonds for Catholic Health East; Trading of health care bonds from Tarrant County, Texas; `Bond Buyer' periodical's 30-day visible supply of new issues.
- Merrill Lynch Moves on to Merge Open-End Muni Funds. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;03/30/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31108, p7
Reports on Merrill Lynch & Co.'s plan to further consolidate its municipal product line. Proposed consolidation of the company's Arkansas, Colorado, New Mexico, and Oregon open-end funds into its much larger national fund; Benefits of the planned consolidation for single-state fund investors...
- Intermediate bonds get higher returns. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;07/30/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30446, p39
Reports that intermediate municipal bonds are more viable investment options according to study findings from Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.
- Tennessee Internet deal doesn't ignite a maturity-by-maturity competition. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;11/06/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30516, p3
Reports on the outcome of Tennessee's Internet-bid general obligation deal on November 4, 1998. All-or-none bid from Merrill Lynch & Co.; Tennessee officials' expression of satisfaction with the pricing and with the system they used to sell the bonds; Impact of the low-level of investor...
- Muni bond slide raises stakes in NYC competition. Willis, Gerri // Crain's New York Business;6/17/96, Vol. 12 Issue 25, p3
Reports on the competition in the municipal bond business in New York City. Reshuffling of new underwriting teams; Staff cuts and loss of veterans in banks; Legal difficulties experienced by Merrill Lynch & Co.; New budget director Joseph Lhota of New York city.
- Merrill: Phoenix, D.C. Rising, But Other Cities' Ratings at Risk. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/30/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31790, p32
Reports on the credit rating upgrades for Phoenix, Arizona and the Washington D.C. according to an annual report of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. on the 25 largest U.S. cities. Requirement for earning an upgrade in Washington D.C.; Compliance to new reporting standards under the Governmental...
- Munis Gain 2 to 3 Basis Points Amid Higher Treasuries, Shrinking Supply. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/26/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31728, p2
Reports that municipal bonds firmed basis points, catching a bid due to rising Treasuries, dwindling supply and decent demand. Decline in the initial jobless claims; Statement from James Caron, fixed-income strategist at Merill Lynch & Co. Inc.; Comments from traders.