Munis Continue to Weaken on Treasury Performance, $8 Billion in New Issues
- Popular Investment Roads (and Bridges) Lead to Muni Bonds. Blau, Joel M.; Paprocki, Ronald J. // AUANews;Dec2013, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p27
The article provides information on municipal bonds. Municipal bond interest is received tax-free at the federal level and municipal bonds can be categorized as general obligation or revenue bonds. It also mentions revenue bonds, which are used to finance tunnels, bridges, hospitals, and other...
- Bond Buyer Indexes Weaken. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;1/29/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F352, p1
In the week ended Jan. 28, the weekly average yield to maturity of the Bond Buyer Municipal Bond Index rose two basis points to 4.16% from 4.14% in the previous week. The BB40 Index is based on the price of 40 long-term bonds.
- Munis Strengthen Ahead of Heavy New Issue Volume. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron; Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/9/2016, Issue 34457, p1
Top-quality municipal bonds were stronger at mid-session, according to traders, with yields on some maturities weakening by as much as four basis points. Treasury prices surged while U.S. equities plunged.Ã¼
- Munis End Stronger as Calif., Texas, La. Issues Sell. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;4/20/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34497, p24
The article reports on the strong performance of top-quality municipal bonds on the trading day of April 19, 2016. Topics covered include primary market issuance in California, Texas and Louisiana, competitive offerings in California totaling about 1.5 billion dollars and the one basis point...
- Market Post: Deals Arrive as Secondary Shows a Slight Slackening in Yields. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;12/13/2013, Vol. 122 Issue F348, p1
The article reports that the U.S. municipal market has shown decrement due to the heavy deals priced in the primary market as on December 13, 2013. It states that the market can expect more redemption from mutual funds and also discusses Foothill/Eastern Transportation Corridor Agency toll road...
- Muni Indexes Were Narrowly Mixed. Bonello, Maria // Bond Buyer;8/11/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34158, p1
The article offers information on the periodical's Municipal Bond Index, which is based on 40 long-term bond prices, was up one basis point from last week at 4.52 percent for the week ending August 7, 2014. It also discusses drop in the U.S. Treasury's 10-year note and 30-year bond, drop in the...
- Friday's Data. // Bond Buyer;12/29/2014, Issue 34233, p1
GovernmentSecurities Prices 10-year: 99 31/32 to yield 2.25, up 4/3230-year: 103 23/32 to yield 2.81, up 12/32 Municipal BondIndex 125 14/32, up 1/32 The Bond Buyer's30-Day VisibleSupply (as of 12/29) Total: $4.997 billion, up $124.0 millionCompetitive: $2.621 billion, up $124.0...
- IRS Gives Authority More Time to Spend QZAB Proceeds. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;4/22/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34296, p1
An authority can have additional time to spend proceeds of its qualified zone academy bonds after there were "unforeseen circumstances" such as contractor disputes, permitting delays and development plan changes, the Internal Revenue Service has ruled.
- Prices Slip a Bit Ahead of Heavier Week in Primary. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32328, p2
The article discusses a positive sign in municipal bond market as it started a more active week of new issues as a drop in new home sales was not sufficient to take tax-exempt and government bonds higher, after widespread expectations of more rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board. The Bond...