THE FAMILY SATISFACTION SCALE
- FAMILIARE NETZWERKE UND LEBENSZUFRIEDENHEIT ALTER MENSCHEN IN Lï¿½NDLICHEN UND URBANEN REGIONEN. // Kï¿½lner Zeitschrift fï¿½r Soziologie & Sozialpsychologie;2002, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p304
Using data from the German Socio-economic Panel (GSOEP) from 1996, we examined whether the size of elders' family networks differs between rural and urban regions of Germany, and whether the size of the family network gives rural elders an advantage in terms of well-being. We analyzed the...
- How to pressure-cook a family. McLean, Candis // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;07/26/99, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p43
Focuses on tensions that can erupt in families who are on summer holiday. Books that treat the subject with humor such as `Family Matters,' by Judith Timson; Advice from Calgary, Alberta psychologist Elizabeth Miles.
- Relationships vital for elderly. // Therapy Today;Jul2013, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p4
The article focuses on the report of the Relate and the thinktank New Philanthropy Capital (NPC) regarding the relevance of healthcare and social services for older people for continues family relationship and social interaction.
- Funcionamiento familiar y su relaciï¿½n con las redes de apoyo social en una muestra de Morelia, Mï¿½xico. Fontes, Martha M. Medell�n; Heredia, Mar�a Elena Rivera; Pe�aloza, Judith L�pez; Cede�o, M. E. Gabriela Kan�n; Rodr�guez.-Orozco, Alain R. // Salud Mental;mar/abr2012, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p147
This study was conducted with the objective of evaluating whether a relationship between family functioning and social support networks exists in a sample of parents from the city of Morelia, Michoacï¿½n. Methods A total of 192 adults participated; 17% were men and 83% were women with a mean...
- Household Equivalence Scales and Interpersonal Comparisons. Fisher, Franklin M. // Review of Economic Studies;Jul87, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p519
Recent papers have used household equivalence scales to construct measures of welfare inequality. This procedure rests on an often implicit value judgement, namely, that if, after adjustment for demographic characteristics, two households are on the same indifference curve, they are equally well...
- Child-Care Satisfaction: Linkages to Work Attitudes, Interrole Conflict, and Maternal Separation Anxiety. Buffardi, Louis C.; Erdwins, Carol J. // Journal of Occupational Health Psychology;Jan1997, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p84
Studies the impact of child-care on work attitudes and work-family relationships. Analysis of a 20-item measure of child-care satisfaction (CCS); Use of CCS factors along with employer sensitivity to child-care needs and spousal support in predicting various measures of work attitudes and role...
- THE RELATIONSHIP OF PSYCHOLOGICAL BIRTH ORDER TO IRATIONAL RELATIONSHIP BELIEFS. Kalkan, Melek // Social Behavior & Personality: An International Journal;2008, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p455
Psychological birth order is examined as a predictor of irrational relationship beliefs among Turkish people ( N = 423) using a Turkish version (Kalkan, 2005) of the White-Campbell Psychological Birth Order Inventory (Campbell, White, & Stewart, 1991) and the Relationship Belief Inventory...
- What Do Jokes on Alcoholics Tell us about Alcoholism. Friedl, Aleš // Alcoholism: Journal on Alcoholism & Related Addictions;2012, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p23
Alcoholism has many faces and the same holds applies for jokes related to it. They reflect various aspects of its diverseness. Jokes thus e.g. speak of misperceptions and stumbling in the case of acute intoxication, of the rudeness of drunks, their tactlessness, their irresponsible managing of...
- Breaking women's silence on PMS. // Australian Nursing Journal;Feb2004, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p37
Unveils the plan of researchers from the University of Western Sydney to examine the influence of career, family and home responsibilities on premenstrual symptoms (PMS). Objectives of the study; Overview of a study on the effect of PMS on relationships; Psychological aspects of PMS.