Gnass Charged With Felony Conflict
- Inherent WC Conflicts: Additional Retro Premiums, Claims Handling. Rietz, Diana // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;8/18/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 33, p24
Comments on the conflict of interest related to the workers' compensation case law in the U.S. Source of funds used in paying compensation insurance claims; Refusal of corporate insureds to pay additional premiums that are based on reserved losses; Failure of the insurer to act in good faith.
- HELP to challenge 'lewd' law. // Advocate;10/11/72, Issue 96, p8
Reports that a battery of expert witnesses in English semantics, sociology and psychology will testify before Judge Robert M. George of Los Angeles Municipal Court on the question of whether the lewd and dissolute conduct of the California Penal Code is meaningless. Arrangement of the...
- Four Major Insurers Joined In Assault Against Fraud Ring, See War Against Perpetrators Almost Fruitless. // Insurance Advocate;03/31/2001, Vol. 112 Issue 13, p4
Reports on a civil suit filed by a consortium of major insurers against an organized group of alleged insurance frauders in the United States in January 2000. Amount spent by the insurance companies involved in the fraudulent claims; Allegations of the insurers; Objective of the March 30, 2001...
- Arrested Prosecutions - The Suffolk County Fraud Debacle. // Insurance Advocate;5/10/2004, Vol. 115 Issue 18, p14
Discusses the happening of the insurance fraud indictments in Suffolk County, New York. Escalation of automobile insurance fraud; Dismissal of several defendants; Threat of prosecution.
- Criminal Litigation Notes. A.S.L. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Jun2003, p93
Reports on several criminal litigation cases and court rulings in the U.S. Conviction for aggravated assault and sentence of twenty years imprisonment to a gay defendant; Refusal of the court to reverse a criminal conviction of man who was arrested for masturbating in a public restroom;...
- The Hartford takes New Jersey residents to court for auto fraud. Grady, Tina // Automotive Body Repair News;Apr2002, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p8
Reports the lawsuits filed by Twin City Fire Insurance Co. against the twenty-seven residents in New Jersey. Allegation of rear-ending cars in traffic to file personal injury protection claims; Accusation of faking soft-tissue injury to pocket insurance money.
- LVMH, Morgan Stanley Head Back to Court. Murphy, Robert // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/16/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 57, p16
Focuses on the conflict of interest lawsuit filed by LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton against Morgan Stanley in Paris, France.
- Wella Case Continues. Drier, Mellisa // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/5/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 24, p5
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Procter & Gamble Co. against Wella AG in Berlin, Germany. Allegations on the conflict of interest for the CEO postion of Wella AG and president of the global professional business and Cosmopolitan Cosmetics; Selection made for the members of the board; Preparation...
- House tort reform bill aims at securities suits. Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;7/3/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 27, p4
The article focuses on the Securities Litigation Attorney Accountability and Transparency Act designed to control alleged attorney abuses in private securities litigation being considered by the U.S. House of Representatives. The act would allow courts to require for disclosure of potential...