IRS to Warn Mutual Funds Of Taxability
- High Time for Fund Fee Issuers. Gregory, Michael // Private Placement Letter;05/29/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p4
Reports that the distribution-fee finance sector, more commonly referred to as the mutual fund fee, is poised for significant growth for year 2000. Trends sustaining the growth; Reason for the amendment of the referendum by the United States Internal Revenue Service; Status of the overall...
- Stocks/debt loss allocations. // Practical Accountant;Mar99, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on tax regulations from United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) affecting the allocation of loss recognized on the disposition of stock assets.
- Mark-to-market regs released. // Practical Accountant;Feb94, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p14
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service has issued guidelines on the regulation of securities. Effectivity of guidelines.
- IRS releases advice on allocating expenditures for arbitrage purposes. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/21/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30504, p5
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's release of a technical advice memorandum that shows issuers how it expects them to allocate expenditures from bond proceeds and account for them for arbitrage purposes. Types of deals for which the memorandum is applicable; Terms of the...
- IRS Plans to Notify Issuers of Settlement. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30856, p36
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) plan to write to all issuers whose bonds are included in any global yield-burning settlement to inform them of the resolution of taxability questions. Audit investigation launched by the IRS into the yield burning that allegedly...
- FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS. May, Gregory; Kennard, Alan L.; Stevens, Matthew A. // Tax Lawyer;Jun2002, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p1189
Focuses on developments on taxation of financial transactions in the U.S. Scope of the regulations issued by the Internal Revenue Service dealing with qualified reopenings of debt securities; Applicability of rules on the capitalization interest expense and carrying costs for straddles; Cases...
- IRS Issues New Guidance for Field Agents. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;2/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31571, p4
Focuses on a guidance sent by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to its field agents regarding offering options to bondholders to appeal for tax liability before the agency attempts to collect taxes from them. Section in the Internal Revenue Manual that contains the guidance; Penalties on...
- IRS Guidance to Help Bondholders, But Some Want More. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;2/12/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31572, p5
Reports on the benefits of guidance sent to field staff by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's tax-exempt enforcement division on bondholders. Details of the guidelines; Reaction of municipal market representative to these guidelines; Expectations for additional benefits from the bond community.
- IRS Urged to Be Flexible, Give Breaks for Forthright Cooperation. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/30/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31254, p9
Discusses efforts of traders in the U.S. bond market urging the country's Internal Revenue Service for a program to protect bondholders and encourage issuers to admit violations in exchange for easy sanctions. Sanctions to be considered for tax-code violations; Damage caused by taxing...