2003 REPORT: Top contractors achieve 9% growth in year of little M&A
- Group Therapy. Dermott, Tom Mac // FoodService Director;12/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p16
Presents the responses of the members of the International Facilities Management Association on qualities required in hiring a foodservice contractor. Skills required among contractors; Evaluation of prospective operators; Views on employee dining.
- Outsourcing fills the gap. Berne, Steve // Prepared Foods;Mid-Apr97, Vol. 166 Issue 5, p35
Lists various suppliers offering product development outsourcing assistance to the food service market. Equipment suppliers; Ingredient suppliers; Laboratories; Research/Consultancies.
- Contract management. // Food Management;Oct97, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p84
Discusses the evolution of contract foodservice industry in the United States. Pioneers in the contract foodservice; Introduction of vending services and products; Formation of the Automatic Retailers of America (ARA); Emergence of national contractors; Mergers and acquisition among the...
- Think big--or small, in contract biz both work. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;06/16/97, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p56
Focuses on the trends in the foodservice contracting industry in the United States. Gaining strong entry into a particular geographic market sector through acquisition; Fear of mid-size and small firms of loss of personal service when dealing with large contractors; Noncommercial market...
- Deals for meals: Contract giants exploit big-get-bigger strategies. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;06/22/98, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p156
Focuses on the increase in business for contract food service in the United States. Assessment of industry's performance as corporations outsource their food services; Major purchases and deals struck among institutions in the contracting field.
- College Meal Costs Continue To Climb. // FoodService Director;4/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p74
The article focuses on the "Food Service Director" 2008 College census which shows that labor cost continues to take the biggest part of the foodservice budget on college campuses in the U.S. Other findings of the census show that foodservice revenue rose 9%, to $1.627 billion, among the 100...
- The Business of: FOOD SERVICES. Lacey, Kylie // District Administration;May2014, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p62
The article focuses on the food services outsourcing in the U.S. Topics discussed include importance of outsourcing to cut costs and save money, views of Paula Angelucci, supervisor of nutrition services of the district, on addition of bakers to make baked foods for students, required duties of...
- Calif. bids prison contracts. // FoodService Director;4/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p40
Reports that there has been a change in the anti-privatization stance of California, as a result of the state budget crisis. Number of facility contracts signed; Comments from Patrick Turner, regional sales manager, for ARAMARK Correctional Services; Details on ARAMARK's Santa Ana Jail contract.
- NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center (NorthPoint): Notice of Request for Proposals for Food Vendors for NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center Fit4Fun Event. // Minnesota State Register;4/13/2015, Vol. 39 Issue 41, p1468
The article reports on a notice issued by NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center that requested food vendors to submit their bids for the Fit4Fun event in North Minneapolis that is scheduled on September 12, 2015.