A DINING RENAISSANCE: Family-style suits Erickson residents
- Serving up fresh, local food. Gaines, Robin // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Aug2006, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p57
The article looks at the significance of implementing a food-buying program and building a state-of-the-art-kitchen for the Bartels Lutheran Retirement Community in Waverly, Iowa. The project of the University of Northern Iowa provides a weekly list of local farmers and vendors selling fresh...
- What Does the future Hold for CCRCs? Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Aug2005, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p40
Focuses on the challenges faced by food service operators in Continuous Care Retirement Communities (CCRC) in the U.S. Strategies used by food service operators to maintain healthful dining among older people; Complexities of the dining operations in CCRC; Menu designs at CCRC. INSETS: Wining...
- Adding Amenities. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;9/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p32
The article focuses on the full-service bar and walker valet service offered at the Riddle Village Retirement Community Media in Pennsylvania. In 2008, the retirement community renovated, expanded and added amenities in an effort to establish itself as an upscale retirement option. The idea...
- RISING TO THE CHALLENGE. Yeager, David // Today's Dietitian;Dec2010, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p24
The article profiles Justin Johnson, executive chef at the independent-living retirement community Harwood Place in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. It mentions that Johnson had transformed the foodservice operation of the institution, from cafeteria-style facility to a fine dining restaurant. It states...
- Going for Gold. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;9/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p34
The article looks at the efforts of Robert Darrah, food service director at the Legacy Retirement Communities in Lincoln, Nebraska, to improve and manage food service at the company's facilities. To help improve Legacy, Darrah partnered with healthcare foodservice consulting firm Don Miller &...
- Smart Tips for Tours. R. B. // Cincinnati Magazine;Jan2013, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p178
The article discusses things that should be kept in mind while visiting a senior living community to choose an appropriate one.
- Another new peak body. Curtis, Keryn // Australian Ageing Agenda;Nov/Dec2012, p7
The article reports on the plan of the Retirement Village Association (RVA) and the Property Council of Australia (PCA) to create a peak body which will represent the retirement villages in Australia.
- Senior housing trends change as baby boomers retire. Bassett, Elizabeth // Fort Worth Business Press;1/31/2011, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p8
The article focuses on the expected changes to be made in U.S. retirement communities as more baby boomers will retire in the next 29 years due to their differences with their parents.
- Rejuvenate publishes 2014 trends report. // Journal on Active Aging;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p19
The article focuses on the 2014 trends report released by Rejuvenate Salon & Spa, featuring original research on trends identifed across the company's locations in over 100 senior living communities.