WITH BETTER PRODUCT MIX: U-CHICAGO SALES SOAR
- Cost of Meal Plans Taxed. // Magna's Campus Legal Monthly;Mar2006, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p4
Focuses on the decision by the Mississippi state tax commission to cancel the tax exemption placed upon college meal plans in the state. Reason for the decision by the tax commission; Percentage of sales tax that students must pay for meal plans; Implications of the policy change for students,...
- DINING CHOICES INCREASE AT UConn. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Jun2004, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p46
Features food service at the University of Connecticut in Storrs. Variety of food service outlets; Marketplace-style dining halls that form the core of board dining; Dining units in residence complexes; Coffeeshops. INSETS: Running a Kosher Station;A Cumbersome--lf Cozy--Tradition;Expanded...
- Supporting the Mission. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Jun2006, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p44
The article reports on the quality of the foodservice operation at Villanova University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The university has a network of campus dining outlets known for their quality and creativity. The meal options meet the evolving student needs while preserving the financial...
- Fresh Start at Shively. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p12
The article focuses on the renovated Shively Court, formerly the Shively Dining Hall at the Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. It states that a number of Shively's team members worked to a great extent to come up with ideas that would correspond to the trends in the industry. It also offers...
- Feeding campus night owls. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Jan1999, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the growing number of food service operations in universities and colleges across the United States, that are extending service hours for late-night dining. Impact of extended service hours on college/university dining services department; Staffing challenges associated with late...
- STUDENTS POINT BROWSERS TO FOOD: Online ordering clicks in CA colleges. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p11
Provides information on the online ordering services available to students and university food service departments in southern California. Information on Earl's: The Online Experience at the University of California-San Diego; Room service at the University of Southern California.
- FLEXIBILITY, TAKE-OUT KEY: CORNELL BOOSTS MEAL PLAN MKTG., OPTIONS. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p10
Focuses on the meal plans of the Cornell University in Ithaca, New York state. Why the university decided to hire a consultant in its food service operation; Students who participated in the research stage; Cost of the plans.
- IT'S IN THE DRINK. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the trends in food service at various colleges and universities in the U.S. as of February 15, 2003. Food category with the largest portion of sales.
- HOW COLLEGE FOODSERVICE IS PERFORMING. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p45
Reports on the sales performance of college and university food service operations in the U.S. in 2002. Total food service sales volume at contract-managed college and university operations; Increase in sales volume of self-operated food servicing units; Projection on budget increase for 2003.