- Analysis underway: San Francisco medical center mulls outsourcing. // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p10
Reports that the University of California-San Francisco Medical Center is planning to do a comparative analysis on the performance of its self-operated facility and Stanford's contract operating services following its merger with Stanford Medical Center. Comments from Leon King, director of...
- Better eats. // Modern Healthcare;4/18/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p36
Features a food store which offers organic foods to be developed in Columbia Saint Mary's hospital system in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Reason behind the selection of retailer Whole Foods Market for the store; Description of the location of the hospital.
- Healthy Convenience. Mastroberte, Tammy // Convenience Store News;11/15/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 14, p159
This article reports that the convenience store C-3 Express offers grab-and-go food basics to employees and visitors to Detroit, Michigan's Henry Ford Hospital. The name C-3 stands for "convenience to the third power," implying it just doesn't get any better. The store was built into an 11-foot...
- Regional favorites win sales. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p128
Presents information on some of the most popular meats which are chosen to prepare breakfasts in the United States, highlighting the breakfasts prepared at the Providence Health Center, Waco, Texas. Reference to the burritos which are made at the facility; Costs of the burritos; Information on...
- IN LONG BEACH, CA: Hospital dishes lighten up for summertime. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the changes in the Seaside Cafe menu at Long Beach Memorial Hospital in California to capitalize on customers who want lighter cold dishes and thirst-quenching beverages. Bottled beverages offered at the Cafe; Percentage of increase in beverage sales.
- Hospitals feeding patients healthier meals. // AHA News;04/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p5
Reveals that hospitals in the United States are offering healthier meals based on a survey by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- Hospitals should know better. Liebman, Bonnie // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Mar97, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p6
Presents the nutritional content of the meals served in hospitals. Caloric content; Average amount of cholesterol; Average amount of fiber.
- Adding local favorites to the nonselect menu makes for pleasant patient stays. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/15/96, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the implementation of the nonselect menu for patients in the Baptist Health Systems, Little Rock, Arkansas. Advantages of the system; Method use to satisfy the patients in foodservice; Response of the patients to the system.
- Foodservice at Boston hospitals gets top bill of health from magazine. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/25/96, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p23
Reports on the recognition of hospital foodservice in Boston, Massachusetts by `Boston' periodical. Provision of same menu for patients, staff and visitors at the self-operated foodservice at Brigham and Women's Hospital's Center for Women and Newborns; Room service as the rule at the...