Risk of death among homeless women: a cohort study and review of the literature
- A family of friends. Japenga, Ann // Health (Time Inc. Health);Nov/Dec95, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p90
Examines a group of women, the Bag Ladies of the World(BLOWS). Founders of group; How group originated; Members of this group; How group relates one another; Goals of the BLOWS; Conclusions of psychologists and sociologists on isolation; Comment from Behavioral Medicine Research Center; What is...
- Helping the homeless. // Earthwatch: The Journal of Earthwatch Institute;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p68
Describes the Earthwatch project led by Erika Lehmann to study the causes of women's homelessness in Pennsylvania. Importance of the project; Project activities of the volunteers; Dates of the expeditions; Costs to be shouldered by the volunteers.
- Sightseeing. Wong, Nancy // 21st Century;Oct97, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p8
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of encountering a bag lady while sightseeing in New York.
- `Street kids' or `homeless'? Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Summer1993, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p11
Reports on a survey of 105 homeless women with a median age of 16 by Nannette Davis, a visiting Fulbright professor at the University of Sydney. Personal description as `street kids' or `homeless'; Statistics on factors blamed for their problems; Length of time spent on the street prior to the...
- Rally for Rowan House. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/2/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 88, p14
Reports on the attendance of 600 people at a party in Philadephia, for the benefit of Rowan House, a transitional shelter for homeless women and their children. Spearheading of the party by Rena Rowan, founder of Jones Apparel Group.
- Erratum to: Time Seizures and the Self: Institutional Temporalities and Self-preservation Among Homeless Women. Cooper, Amy // Culture, Medicine & Psychiatry;Mar2015, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p186
A correction to the article "Time Seizures and the Self: Institutional Temporalities and Self-Preservation Among Homeless" by Women Amy Cooper is presented.
- Crowd gathers at annual memorial for unknown homeless woman held at Grand Central Terminal. Reyes, Damaso // New York Amsterdam News;12/31/98, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p30
Reports on the gathering of New York City, resident at the annual memorial for an unknown homeless woman who died at Grand Central Terminal on Christmas Day. Fund created to help homeless people; Condition of the homeless in the city; Activities held during the memorial.
- Homelessness and housing. Headley, Sue // Youth Studies Australia;Mar2001, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p61
Presents an abstract of the study `Young Women Construct Themselves: Social Identity, Self-Concept and Psychosocial Well-Being in Homeless Facilities,' by D.E. Stephen which was published in the 2000 issue of the `Journal of Youth Studies.'
- RISING ABOVE THE GUTTER. Scadden, Jayne // Community Care;7/15/2004, Issue 1531, p24
Presents an article on the experiences of a homeless and alcoholic woman in Leeds, England. Information on an organization which helps homeless people; Role of her son's death in her alcohol abuse; Benefits gained from supported housing.