"Changing lives one village at a time"
- GP encounters firearms on India tour. // GP: General Practitioner;2/18/2002, p4
Reports the tour of the general practioners in India to help on how to establish a midwifery project and to improve infant mortality rates.
- Ouellet defines CIDA's role in China. // Chinatown News;8/3/94, Vol. 41 Issue 22, p36
Advises that Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister Andre Ouellet announced his approval of a new development policy framework for the Canadian International Development Agency's (CIDA) programs in China. Objectives of the policy; Identification of three environment-focused projects aimed at helping...
- Baptism and abortion. Woodard, Joe // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/20/96, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p34
Notes that the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) has begun lobbying Quebec liberal Pierre Pettigrew to reinstate funding for the International Planned Parenthood Federation in 1996. What the CIDA is and how it allocates federal funds; The agency's support of pro-life Christian...
- SFU okays CIDA project. // Chinatown News;7/18/93, Vol. 40 Issue 21, p19
Reports on Simon Fraser University's negotiation with the Canadian International Development Agency on improving the quality of universities in eastern Indonesia. Largest international development project ever undertaken by a single Canadian university; Students for Human Rights' objection to...
- Improving human health in the Arctic: the expanding role of the Arctic Council's Sustainable Development Working Group. Parkinson, Alan J. // Circumpolar Health Supplements;2010, Issue 6, p304
Human health is now a critical component of the Arctic Council's sustainable development program. The newly formed Arctic Human Health Expert Group (AHHEG), a subsidiary body of experts within the Sustainable Development Working Group (SDWG), will focus on identifying human health priorities...
- The Kerala Development Experience: Is it Economically Sustainable? Wheaton, Morgan // Undercurrent;2009, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p35
This paper evaluates the unique development record of Kerala, India. Despite slow economic growth, the state has experienced unprecedented social growth: increased literacy rates, reduced infant mortality rates, higher life expectancy, and improvements in various other social indicators. The aim...
- Government grants & subsidies. // Chinatown News;3/3/95, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p13
Offers information on the Canadian International Development Agency Professional Services grant. Its purpose; Eligibility criteria.
- More lolly for Quebec. Jenkinson, Michael // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;6/03/96, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p6
Reports on Reform Party legislator Lee Morrison's findings on the government contracts granted to Quebec-based companies by Canada's International Development Agency (CIDA). Institutional grants to universities in Quebec; Morrison's criticism on the use of the CIDA by the Liberal Party.
- The time bomb is a dud. McGovern, Celeste // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;07/07/97, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p22
Criticizes the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) for its predictions of overpopulation, global disaster and use of funds. Requests from UNFPA executive director Nafis Sadik for increased funding; Her announcement of a digitized Population Clock exhibit at the UN; Figure for donations from...