Endangered Species -- New York County
- Poachers Caught on Silver Anniversary. Absher, J. R. // Outdoor Life;Nov2004, Vol. 211 Issue 9, p18
Reports on the two brothers that were arrested for alleged exercise of shocking fish, a method of poaching, according to the Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission. Violation that was charged to the brothers; Reason of one of the brothers for doing such violation, according to...
- Failing Bay-Delta may take a living fossil with it. Lay, Jennie // High Country News;7/24/2006, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p4
The article reports that while sturgeon farming is taking off in California's San Francisco Bay-Delta, the delta's own wild sturgeon are endangered. Green sturgeon have been listed as "threatened" under the Endangered Species Act. White sturgeon, which are a favorite for sport fishing, have also...
- CHAPTER XXIV: LORD BLENAVON'S SURRENDER. Oppenheim, E. Phillips // Betrayal;3/1/2006, p95
Chapter XXIV of the book "The Betrayal," by E. Phillips Oppenheim is presented. It focuses on the accusations of Colonel Mostyn Ray to Mrs. Smith-Lessing, the woman suspected to be a bad influence to Lord Blenavon. It also discusses the acceptance of Blenavon of Colonel Ray's offer to go with...
- Estimating Differences in Growth and Metabolism in Two Spatially Segregated Groups of Columbia River White Sturgeon Using a Field-Based Bioenergetics Model. van Poorten, Brett T.; McAdam, Steven O. // Open Fish Science Journal;2010 Special Issue, p132
Recovery of white sturgeon in the Upper Columbia River continues to be limited by our understanding of the species' biology, including factors which influence growth, habitat selection and their interaction. Sampling challenges in large rivers coupled with limitations to invasive research on...
- MULTIPLICITY: RECONCILING THE MANUAL FOR COURTS-MARTIAL. MORGAN, CHRISTOPHER S. // Air Force Law Review;2009, Vol. 63, p23
The author focuses on multiplicity, the charging of the same offense in several charges, which he claims as the most challenging aspect of double jeopardy in the U.S. military practice. He mentions several protections embodied in the Double Jeopardy Clause of the Fifth Amendment of the...
- Andean condor experimental releases to enhance California condor recovery Wallace, Mike // Endangered Species Update;Mar/Apr1989, Vol. 6 Issue 5/6, p1
No abstract available.
- Population viability assessment workshop Clark, Tim W.; Backhouse, Gary N.; Lacy, Robert C. // Endangered Species Update;Dec1990, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p1
No abstract available.
- In Critical Condition. Van Putten, Mark // International Wildlife;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p7
Calls for improved wildlife conservation programs in the United States. Animals that are fast becoming endangered species; Need for vigilance, education, and advocacy to conserve habitat and keep the wild alive.
- The world's endangered and threatened species. // Science World;04/11/97, Vol. 53 Issue 13, p7
Presents a survival plan for endangered and threatened species. Type of animals with corresponding number of endangered species; Habitat preservation; Captive breeding programs.