Helping a Veteran -- Lewis County
- Untitled. // Applied Arts Magazine;May/Jun2015, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p28
No abstract available.
- Exercise in old age saves lives. // Consumer Reports on Health;Apr99, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the finding that older men who were moderately active had half the mortality rate of sedentary men, as published in `The Lancet.'
- Prevalence of Sarcopenia and Predictors of Skeletal Muscle Mass in Healthy, Older Men and Women. Iannuzzi-Suicich, Michele; Prestwood, Karen M.; Kenny, Anne M. // Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences & Medical ;Dec2002, Vol. 57 Issue 12, pM772
Presents a study that examined the prevalence of sarcopenia in a population of older, community-dwelling research volunteers. Description of sarcopenia; Disadvantages of the disuse of muscles; Predictors of muscle mass in men.
- Untitled Image. // Punch, or the London Charivari, Vol. 158, June 23, 1920;1/1/1920, p28
An image of a large number of people who are gathered for their love of music is presented.
- THE EARLY ORIGINS OF BODY COMPOSITION IN OLDER MEN: FINDINGS FROM THE HERTFORDSHIRE COHORT STUDY. Sayer, A. Aihie; Sydall, H. E.; Dennison, E. M.; Gilbody, H. J.; Duggleby, S. L.; Cooper, C.; Barker, D. J. P.; Phillips, D. I. W. // Age & Ageing;Jul2005 Supplement1, Vol. 34, pi11
Discusses research being done on the origins of body composition in older men in Hertfordshire, England. Reference to a study by A. Aihie Sayer and colleagues, presented at the autumn meeting of the British Geriatrics Societies in October 2004; Association between birth weight and body mass...
- The longevity revolution. Butler, Robert // UNESCO Courier;Jan99, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p18
Discusses how the world should prepare for its aging community. Financial support for the aged; Political status of the aged; Factors that brought the increase in the population of the aged.
- Anï¿½lisis de las redes sociales en la vejez a travï¿½s de la entrevista Manheim. Mel�ndez-Moral, Juan Carlos; Tom�s-Miguel, Jos� Manuel; Navarro-Pardo, Esperanza // Salud Pï¿½blica de Mï¿½xico;nov/dec2007, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p408
Objective. To analyse who are the people giving psychological and instrumental support to the elderly, as well as potential differences among these caregivers according to age and/or sex of the elderly. Material and Methods. Manheim interview for social support was used to gather the opinions of...
- Low Testosterone Increases Mortality in Older Men. Dye, Dayna // Life Extension;Dec2006, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p13
The article presents a study about the mortality rate of men with reduced testosterone levels. The study was first published in "Archives of Internal Medicine" which shows that testosterone levels in men decreased after the age of 30. After analyzing 858 male veterans over the age of 40, 35% of...
- What Do I Know After Forty? Goldberg, Rube // Saturday Evening Post;12/3/1932, Vol. 205 Issue 23, p26
Contemplates on the mature knowledge that comes to a man when he is over forty years of age. Comparison between teenage boys and older men; Doubt and confusion faced by middle-aged men.