All Eyes on Walleyes
- Swimming with the 'fishes'. Landry, Meredith // Crain's Chicago Business;3/6/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p32
The article profiles marine biologist Keith Pamper and his interest in fishes. Pamper is a diver at the John G. Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, Illinois. The Shedd attracted 1.9 million visitors in 2005, which tops last year's aquatic front-runner, California's Monterey Bay Aquarium, by more than...
- MORE EASY ANSWERS TO TOUGH QUESTIONS. Bennett, D.W. // Underwater Naturalist;2001, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p48
Answers several questions on fishing and marine life. Description of a birdwatcher and a fishwatcher; Names for collections of marine life; Definition of ebb
- GONE FISH-WATCHING. Brown, Bruce // Audubon;Sep86, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p75
Presents photographs of various fish found in various bodies of freshwater in the United States. Description of fish found at the Eagle Lakes Basin in Washington; Comparison of saltwater fish watching with freshwater fish watching and fish watching with bird watching; Fundamental principles of...
- Fishing for Peace. Chatterjee, Camille // Psychology Today;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p10
Reports that fish have become fixtures to adorn offices, restaurants, and homes. Increase in fish sales, according to the American Marine Life Dealers Association; Medical benefits of watching fish; Reasons for the presence of fish in residences and businesses.
- A whale of a season. // Travel Daily;6/ 7/2013, p6
The article reports that according to Sea World on the Qld Gold Coast, the 2013 is expected to have a good whale watching season, as thousands of humpbacks are likely to pass along the east coast during their annual migration to warmer waters.
- Let's hear it for our finned friends. Tudge, Colin // New Scientist;12/3/94, Vol. 144 Issue 1954, p47
Reviews the book `Fish Watching,' by C. Lavett Smith.
- Book reviews: Science & technology. Crampon, Jean E. // Library Journal;5/1/1994, Vol. 119 Issue 8, p134
Reviews the book `Fish Watching: An Outdoor Guide to Freshwater Fishes,' by C. Lavett Smith.
- Waterworks. Maxwell, Steven // Boys' Life;Jul99, Vol. 89 Issue 7, p51
Details how to make an underwater fish viewer. Materials needed; Steps to create the viewer.
- Fish Watching with Eugenie Clark. Manning, Patricia // School Library Journal;Jul2000, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p121
Reviews the book `Fish Watching With Eugenie Clark,' by Michael Elsohn Ross, illustrated by Wendy Smith.