- Bait Bait â€¦ Don't Tell Me! Longeretta, Emily // Syracuse New Times;6/22/2011, Issue 2098, p10
The article offers information on the New York Department of Environmental Conservation's seventh annual Free Fishing Weekend catch-and-release events in the Onondaga Lake, New York on June 25-26, 2011.
- DEC's 'green' computer program is honored by EPA. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/18/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p15
The article announces that the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has been given the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Region 2 Environmental Quality Award for the implementation of a green purchasing program.
- A Partnership for Bass Management. Green, David M. // Conservationist;Jul/Aug85, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p44
Discusses the results of the New York's Department of Environmental Conservation's survey to keep track of bass populations in the state. Reasons for conducting the study; Procedure for measuring bass; Number of bass present in any given body of water; Relation of electrofishing catch rate with...
- Fisher Surveys. Jensen, Paul // New York State Conservationist;Dec2014, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p7
The article reports on fisher surveys conducted by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation and staff from the Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit at Cornell University in the winters of 2013 and 2014 using camera traps and hair snares.
- TU/NYDEC BEAMOC PLAN. // Fly Fisherman;Sep2000, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p26
Discloses the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's plan to Trout Unlimited to develop a long-range wild-trout management plan for the Beaver Kill watershed.
- Have you caught a big fish lately? // Conservationist;Jun95, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p38
Provides information on the state Department of Environmental Conservation's New York State Angler Achievement Awards Program. Program as a means of officially recognizing anglers for their fishing accomplishments; Award categories; Prizes; State freshwater fish records; Contact information. ...
- Deer management permits, hunting, fishing, trapping licenses will be available. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;9/11/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 215, pA2
The article reports on the availability of the 2010-2011 fishing, trapping and hunting licenses and Deer Management permits (DMPs) to be purchased starting August 16, 2010 at the license sales outlets of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC).
- The Freshwater Fishes of New York. // Conservationist;Jul/Aug89, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p45
Reports that the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's Bureau of Fisheries has introduced a series titled 'The Freshwater Fishes of New York' in 'The Conservationist.' Plan to feature a wide variety of fish families; Use of artwork from old biological surveys conducted from...
- New limits for N.Y. winter flounder. Ristori, Al // Salt Water Sportsman;Jan95, Vol. 56 Issue 1, Atlantic edition pF
Reports on the increase of the recreational size limit for winter flounder fishing in New York. Adoption of winter flounder fishing regulations by Department of Environmental Conservation.