- Library Size Cards. Fricke, Charles A. // U.S. Stamp News;May2004, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p15
Provides information on a library sized postal cards in the U.S.
- The Small Queen Letter Cards: POSTAL USAGE. Arfken, George B.; Pawluk, William S. // Canadian Philatelist;May/Jun2012, p145
The article deals with the Small Queen letter cards issued by Canada. Letter cards were first issued in Canada in 1893 with a 3-cent card. After two and a half years 1-cent letter cards were issued to pay the 1-cent drop rate at towns that do not offer free delivery service. On the other hand,...
- An Outdated 2ï¿½ UPU Card. Fricke, Charles A. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;2/3/2006, Vol. 198 Issue 5, p24
The article presents information on an outdated U.S. Universal Postal Union postal card.
- Penny Cards & 5 Cent Cigars & Nickel Candy Bars. Bowyer, Mathew J. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;5/12/2006, Vol. 198 Issue 19, p16
Presents the author's view that postal cards were an inevitable outgrowth of non-postal greeting cards. History of post and/or postal cards; Significant airmail postal cards issued in the U.S.; Forecast on post and/or postal cards.
- "Dear Editor!". Bursey, Maurice; Eschleman, Phyllis; Mascioli, Joseph M.; Magnavito, Frank; Oblinski, Karen // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;1/6/2006, Vol. 198 Issue 1, p10
Several letters to the editor in response to articles in previous issues including "Leather Postcards Used Creatively," on the July 8, 2005 issue and "Global Time Line" are presented.
- Picture Perfect. // Yankee;Dec2004, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p32
Focuses on Deltiology, the study and collection of postcards. Places where vintage postcards are found; Hisory of postcards; Categories of postcards; Characteristics of Christmas postcards; Tips on preserving postcards.
- Summer by Mail. // Yankee;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p20
Evaluates postcards and note cards from Pen & Inc., available in the New England market in July 2005.
- A Pike's Peak Pioneering Prize. Fricke, Charles A. // U.S. Stamp News;Mar2010, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p12
The article provides information on two early pioneer postcards. These postcards come from the era of pioneer postcards, and one of them, which was postally used before July 1, 1898, is considered more of a prize. Both speak of the wonders of collecting early pioneer and Private Mailing Card...
- A Reason For Doubt! Fricke, Charles A. // U.S. Stamp News;Dec2009, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p12
The article presents an analysis of a 2-cent UPU reply postal card postmarked February 14, 1901 and offers an explanation for why its appears to have been reassessed by a postmaster. The use of a 2-cent UPU reply postal card as a UPU 2-cent single postal card is relatively rare. In 1901, very...