Police in gay chat rooms
- Athens Police have been investigating multiple sex crime reports. DeWitt, David // Athens News;10/31/2016, p19
The article reports on the investigation being conducted by the Athens Police Department of Ohio on various sex-related offenses, including incidents of unwanted touching, alleged rapes, and potential child pornography since 2013.
- TO CATCH A PREDATOR. Mayrer, Jessica // Missoula Independent;1/14/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p14
The article focuses on the efforts of the Missoula, Montana Police Department to solve the alarming rise of child pornography. It states that Police Detective Chris Shermer uses high-technology software capable of tracking illegal pornographic images and adopt a teen persona while cruising chat...
- LOCAL: Grand Jury Indicts Five For Unlawful Sex. // Advocate;8/19/82, Issue 349, p20
Reports on the indictment of five men by a Cook County, Illinois grand jury on various charges of unlawful sexual activities with minors following a four-month Chicago Police Department investigation into a non-alcoholic bar that caters to youth in 1982. Charges filed against the five men...
- Child Seduction and Self-Representation on the Internet. Quayle, Ethel; Taylor, Max // CyberPsychology & Behavior;Oct2001, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p597
This paper presents a case study of a man charged with the offense of downloading child pornography from the Internet. He had used the Internet to traffic child pornography, and, in addition, to locate children to abuse, to engage in inappropriate sexual communication with children, and to...
- "MY DAD SOLD ME FOR SEX ON THE internet". Gawthorne, Sarah // Cleo;Jun2006, p116
This article presents the story of a teenager who became involved in pornography through the Internet. He joined a chat room to make friends, however, he became involved with older men who were pedophiles. These men gave the boy gifts and money and this popularity led for him to set up his...
- Having Your Porn and Condemning it Too: A Case Study of a "Kiddie Porn" Expose. Khan, Ummni // Law, Culture & the Humanities;Oct2009, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p391
In 2005, the Toronto Police Department's Sex Crime Unit embarked upon the unprecedented move to go public with forensic evidence related to an on-going child pornography investigation. This strategy provided the public with exceptional glimpses into the taboo arena of child pornography. In this...
- Aussie agent arrested in Asia. // Travel Daily;8/8/2014, p2
The article discusses arrest of Trevor Lake, former head of travel company Discover Asia, in Cambodia for engaging in sex with underage girls and focuses on child pornographic images and videos found from his apartment after investigation.
- Another child porn dragnet. Mills, Matt // Xtra (Toronto);2/9/2012, Issue 712, p6
The author comments on the case of the 60 Ontario men who faced charges after a massive child pornography raid on February 2, 2012.
- What you need to know about online grooming. // Dolly;Jan2011, Issue 481, p124
The article discusses online grooming. According to the New South Wales (NSW) Police, online grooming is a process where a groomer uses words and actions to establish relationship and get the trust of a victim. Anne Collier from SafeTeens.com says groomers are good at manipulating because they...