Winter draws on
- Pitiful. // Advertising Age's Creativity;Jun99, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p53
Presents readers' interpretations and comments on the mystery humorous advertisement about avocado posted by the `Advertising Age's Creativity' periodical. Text and photograph of the humorous print advertisement.
- Sense of Humor and Advertising: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Model... Costley, Carolyn; Koslow, Scott; Galloway, Graeme // Advances in Consumer Research;2002, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p225
Examines reactions of consumers to humorous advertisements to find out whether responses depend on an individual's sense of humour. Usage of the multinational sense of humor scale to measure sense of humor; Explanation of the concept of humor appreciation.
- Tylee on...Persil. Tylee, John // Campaign (UK);8/17/2001, Issue 33, p23
Compares the advertising practice between Great Britain and Germany. Use of a humor approach in British advertisements; Perception of British public on German advertisements; Exploitation of some events occurring during World War 2 in the campaigns.
- Another French kiss-off, gender and stock prices, vanity here and there, etc. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Eastern Edition;11/8/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 45, p58
Comments on different issues and concerns in advertising in the United States. Humorous portrayal of mall Santas as losers in the emergence of electronic commerce in advertisements created by Think New Ideas for ShopNow.com; Controversy from an Internet auction of fashion models' eggs for use...
- The big problem with humorous advertising. Olsztynski, Jim // PHC Profit Report;2/15/96, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p5
Looks at the problems inherent with humorous advertising. Everready bunny ad as an example; Inability of consumers to remember the company or brand name being advertised as the main problem; Need to prominently display brand name in such ads.
- Laughing All the Way to the Poorhouse. Hawthorne, Timothy R. // Response;Jul2002, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p38
Discusses the importance of humor in infomercial. Persuasive effect of humor; Analysis of Budweiser's Super Bowl frog-and-lizard commercials; Role of humor in enhancing brand awareness and comprehension. INSET: WorldLink to Represent TNN for Informercial Sales.
- Humor Mechanisms, Perceived Humor and Their Relationships to Various Executional in Advertising. Hyongoh Cho // Advances in Consumer Research;1995, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p191
Investigates mechanisms underlying the formation of perceived humor in print ads and the relative effectiveness of various executional types in producing humor. Characteristics of executional types.
- Humor gets attention. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Dec96, Vol. 97 Issue 12, p234
Presents several techniques for retailers on how to promote their stores or get the attention of their customers through humor in a direct mail series as used by Coyne's in Brooklyn, Minnesota. Implementation of a gifts program; Types of gift offerings.
- A MULTI-DIMENSIONAL MODEL OF HUMOR RESPONSE. Speck, Paul Surgi // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;1984, p278
Discusses several existing models of humor appreciation in marketing. Absence of empirical research on humor in marketing; Development of a general theory on humor to guide future humor research; Combination of theories on humor to maximize usefulness for marketers.