TITLE

Scottish wireless product community gets innovation centre

PUB. DATE
February 2004
SOURCE
Electronics Weekly;2/18/2004, Issue 2134, p1
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
A wireless innovation centre opens in Glasgow, Scotland, with the aim of providing development, test and support facilities for firms developing wireless products. The Wireless Innovation Centre at Hillington Park is supported by Scottish Enterprise and firms including Agilent, Cisco, Microsoft and T-Mobile. Equipment includes T-Mobile handsets for application testing and wireless LAN test monitors from Agilent. The Centre also provides a range of services including business advice, access to marketing, IP and legal issues, and market intelligence.
ACCESSION #
12665758

 

Related Articles

  • Wireless' Weakest Link. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;10/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 43, p26 

    Discusses the importance of implementing security measures for the wireless local area networks (WLAN) of businesses. Concerns over the attitude of businesses towards their WLAN; Challenges presented by the issue to wireless security firms; Options for adding security features to a WLAN.

  • Dust provides meshed WLANs for industrial use. Hochmuth, Phil // Network World;9/27/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p25 

    Industrial wireless start-up Dust Networks is expected to launch its company and products, which are aimed at networking factory-floor equipment and other hard-to-connect devices via wireless mesh-network technology. Dust Networks gear combines proprietary wireless mesh network technology with...

  • Scuttlebutt. Smith, Rod // Las Vegas Business Press;10/02/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p3 

    Reports on various issues and developments concerning businesses in Las Vegas, Nevada, compiled as of October 2, 2000. Forecast increase in use of wireless local-area networks for business applications; Incidence of credit card fraud; Shortage of tequila.

  • Wireless is BIG BUSINESS. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;9/24/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p46 

    Reports on the importance of wireless local area networks to businesses. Cost benefits; Details on standards problems; Steps in reducing the risk of vendors failing to meet requirements; Advice for selecting technology vendors.

  • Switch/Server/Appliances Gain Share In WLAN Market.  // Business Communications Review;Oct2004, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p8 

    This article reports that in 2004, wireless LAN switch/appliances and server/appliances revenue more than doubled to $37 million and accounted for 18 percent of the total enterprise WLAN market, with access points accounting for the remaining 82 percent.

  • WLAN fills place of next-gen networks for business users. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;9/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p30 

    Deals with the use of wireless local area networks (WLAN) by business enterprises. Information on a report by Allied Business Intelligence Inc. on the growth of wireless networks; Security concerns regarding the use of WLAN; Actions taken by several WLAN providers, such as Cisco Systems and...

  • Wireless hot-spot.  // Management Services;Sep2003, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p31 

    This article evaluates Toshiba's Public Wireless LAN hotspot solution that allows end users with Wi-Fi enabled mobile computing devices to connect with the access point, or hotspot, to launch an Internet browser and access email, surf the Web, watch streaming video or download multimedia...

  • Cutting the corporate cables.  // Computer Weekly;3/13/2003, p40 

    Focuses on ways in which business enterprises can overcome challenges faced in implementation of wireless networks (WLan). Hotdesking is one way of maximizing the return on investment of a WLan. Companies with many mobile staff such as sales-people who return to the office sporadically, or who...

  • Swede Inspiration. Ankeny, Jason // Wireless Review;Jul2002, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p9 

    Focuses on the wireless security and reliability offered by Columbitech to its enterprise wireless local area network technology. Features of Columbitech's wireless suite; Function of the company's always-on solution; Advantages offered by the solutions to the enterprise market.

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of THE LIBRARY OF VIRGINIA

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics