New CEO for FAME
- Maine Scholarship Grant Program for Babies Is Now Statewide. // Community College Week;1/12/2009, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the expansion of the Harold Alfond College Challenge to provide $500 college savings grants for all babies born in Maine. Governor John Baldacci said that the program now applies to all babies born in the state and those who became a resident before they turn 1 regardless...
- Witherspoon Named President and CEO of Skowhegan Savings. // Maine Community Banker;2007 4th Quarter, p5
The article announces that John C. Witherspoon was appointed as president and CEO of Skowhegan Savings Bank in Maine.
- Perk patrol. Howard, Lucy; Koehl, Carla // Newsweek;6/12/1995, Vol. 125 Issue 24, p7
Lists some of the gifts offered to Representative John Baldacci (D-Maine), who promised to turn down all gifts from lobbyists when he came to Washington. Gifts include two trips to the Mideast, two tickets to Baltimore's Camden Yards, a trip to Europe, four National Hockey League tickets, a...
- ME Gov. Baldacci, CT legislators honored at HRC Gala Dinner. Wareham, Hannah Clay // Bay Windows;11/19/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 49, p3
The article reports that Governor of Maine, John Baldacci, and members of the Connecticut legislature were honored on November 14, 2009, at the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) 2009 Gala Dinner.
- Governor Supports Maine CU Efforts. // Credit Union Journal;11/24/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 47, p3
Reports on the support given by U.S. Governor John Baldacci to Maine's credit unions. Aim of the Maine's credit union.
- Baldacci Signs Deficit Bill. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;4/5/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33293, p9
The article reports that Governor John Baldacci signed the supplemental budget bill to address the budget deficit worth 310 million dollars in Maine.
- Young vs. Baldacci. // Human Events;8/23/96, Vol. 52 Issue 32, p17
Reports on the congressional race between Republican Paul Young and Democrat John Baldacci in Maine's 2nd District. Parallelism between Young and earlier state Republican legislators; Criticism against the Contract With America program.
- Maine: $50M to Ease College Loan Costs. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;2/25/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31579, p5
Reports on the plans of governor of Maine John Baldacci to introduce a legislation to help families afford college education by issuing $50 million of tax-exempt general obligation bonds. Utilization of the bonds' proceeds; Proposed benefits from the bill; Average debt per student.
- Maine governor joins families in fight for marriage equality. Wareham, Hannah Clay // Bay Windows;10/29/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p1
The article reports that Maine's Governor John E. Baldacci met with Bangor families on October 27, 2009, to discuss marriage equality for the state.