- Federal Authorities Reach $4.7B Deal With St. Louis Sewer District. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/8/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33561, p27
The article reports on the move of Federal authorities in Chicago, Illinois to file a 4.7 billion-dollar settlement agreement in their lawsuit against the Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District.
- Tax case settled. // Accountancy;Apr89, Vol. 103 Issue 1148, p7
Reports on the settlement of a tax case filed in Great Britain. Facts of the case; Parties involved in the case.
- CORRECTIONS. // ABA Journal;Jan2013, Vol. 99 Issue 1, p6
A correction to the article "A Touch of Class," that was published in the November 2012 issue of the periodical, is presented.
- Fair settlement and the non-settling defendant: In re Masters, Mates & Pilots Pension Plan and... Austin, Anne L. // Case Western Reserve Law Review;Summer93, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p1449
Opinion. Comments on the right of the non-settling defendant to procedural protection based on the US Second Circuit Court's ruling in the case `In re Masters, Mates & Pilots Pension Plan & IRAP Litigation.' Policies underlying settlement, contribution rights and judgment reduction methods;...
- Ridge Hill settlement nears Yonkers Council approval. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;1/8/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the plans of the Yonkers City Council to approve the lawsuit settlement that was filed by Greenburgh, New York and two of its villages on the development of Ridge Hill Village in Westchester County, New York. A task force will be formed to address building consensus as...
- Retreader, 10 others settle in bus crash suit. Moore, Miles // Tire Business;7/4/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p0001
The article informs that Henise Tire Service of Cleona, Pennsylvania, and 10 other defendants in a lawsuit that occurred from a bus crash in August 2008 near Sherman, Texas, that left 17 people dead, have settled with the plaintiffs for an undisclosed sum.
- Legal Briefs. // HR Specialist: Employment Law;Nov2011, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p3
The article reports on cases involving a university's legitimate selection factor in choosing assistant professor applicants, the three million dollar payment of 3M Corp. towards age bias lawsuit settlement and discrimination in hiring African American and Hispanic applicants at Bass Pro Shops.
- Big verdicts, big dollars. // Crain's Detroit Business;3/3/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p11
The article presents the top verdicts and settlements in Detroit, Michigan in 2007. The selection is the result of Robert Ankeny's review of case files submitted by law firms and case parties. Among the case profiles featured includes the Harold Nelthrope, Gary Brown v. City of Detroit, Detroit...
- UNHAPPY CONDO BUYERS SUE COSMOPOLITAN'S OWNERS. Sieroty, Chris // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);3/21/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 12, pP14
The article discusses the court case filed by four unhappy condominium buyers against the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas (CLV), wherein they claimed that CLV owners misled them into participating in the 60-million dollars settlement and receiving 74 of their deposit principal.