Three $500 Million Deal Lead the Way as 2Q Kicks In
- South Carolina utility unveils major investment plan. // Modern Power Systems;Sep93, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p11
Reports on the integrated plan of South Carolina's state-owned utility Santee Cooper. Expenditures aimed at keeping pace with load growth and meeting the Phase II requirements of the United States Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990; Construction of a coal-fired plant; Other details of the plan.
- Regional water system offers solutions to water needs. // American City & County;Sep96, Vol. 111 Issue 10, p51
Features the South Carolina Public Service Authority which is the fourth largest public power utility in the United States. Entities served by the utility; Counties served by the lake Marion Regional Water System; Outstanding natural amenities of the region; Advantages of the regional water system.
- Santee Cooper: South Carolina Public Service Authority. // Bond Buyer;10/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30742, p24A
Features the South Carolina Public Service Authority. Headquarters; Contact information; Top executives; Ratings and outlook; Total 1998 revenues; Bond issues.
- Trees, Turbines Are All Part of Utility's Initiatives. Quinn, Barbara // Pollution Engineering;Nov98, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p25
Features the pollution prevention programs of the South Carolina Public Service Authority, or Santee Cooper. Pollution prevention initiatives incorporated in Santee Cooper's environmental management; Efforts of Santee Cooper to achieve carbon dioxide emissions reductions under the Climate...
- Areas USA secures deal to run Fla.Turnpike plazas. Cailin Barrett-Bressack // Nation's Restaurant News;7/27/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 27, p22
The article reports that Areas USA Inc. signed a 30-year deal to operate Florida Turnpike plazas. The deal would increase the presence of Areas USA not just in Florida but also from its business in several airports such as Miami International Airport. The deal features a 10-year extension option...
- The Lowcountry Landscape: Politics, Preservation, and the Santee-Cooper Project. Hart, T. Robert // Environmental History;Jan2013, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p127
This article explores the cultural, political, and ecological impact of the Santee-Cooper project, the largest New Deal project in South Carolina. It argues that the New Deal, in reshaping the landscape, permanently altered the Lowcountry by wiping away a large plantation district and vestige of...
- Santee Cooper Plans $300M BAB Deal to Expand Nuclear Power. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;12/6/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33427, p3
The article reports that the South Carolina Public Service Authority is expected to sell 300 million dollars of Build America Bonds (BABs) for the expansion of a nuclear power plant.
- Standard & Poor's raises bond ratings for Santee Cooper. // South Carolina Business Journal;Jul94, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p16
Reports that Standard & Poor's (S&P) has raised its rating of Santee Cooper's bonds. Increase in coverage levels as a result of recent refloatings; S&P's assessment of the company's management and financial performance; Competition among utilities.
- Santee Cooper Plans New Generating Plant. // Power Engineering;Apr99, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the plans of Santee Cooper to develop a natural gas-fired generating plant in Starr, South Carolina. Cost of the project; Reason for choosing the site.