GAO: Current Laws Hindering Much-Needed Private Investment
- WHAT CAN PRIVATE INVESTMENT INCENTIVES ACCOMPLISH? THE CASE OF THE INVESTMENT TAX CREDIT. Gravelle, Jane G. // National Tax Journal;Sep93, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p275
This article discusses the investment subsidies and subsidies for equipments in the U.S. Its potential as an effective fiscal stabilization tool or as a means to improve economic welfare. There are arguments over the proposal to maintain a permanent investment credit for small businesses. The...
- AVEO Investors PIPE Up, Give $61M for Tivozanib. // Bioworld Week;11/8/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p2
The article reports on the decision of Aveo Pharmaceuticals Inc. to sell its 4.5 million shares of common stocks to a group of investors on a private investment in public equity (PIPE) financing agreement.
- Avon Stock Gyrates On Talk. CLARK, EVAN // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2015 Special Edition, p1
The article reports on the consideration of beauty products manufacturer Avon Products Inc. for a private investment in public entity deal with a private equity firm despite an increase in its stock on September 10, 2015.
- Novel funding sources emerge. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;4/9/2007, Vol. 248 Issue 6, p8
The article offers information on private investments in public equity (PIPE) as a new way for the U.S. telecommunications industry to obtain funding. PIPE works when companies offer unregistered stock at a discount to a limited group of investors followed by its registration for resale into the...
- Status of the Nation's Highway and Transit Systems. // Congressional Digest;Apr2004, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p104
This article assesses the condition of U.S. highway and transit systems with the help of a performance analysis. This performance analysis covers the effects of investment in highways, bridges and transit undertaken since the enactment of the Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century in...
- Shareholder Approval. // Best's Review;Mar2010, Vol. 110 Issue 11, p82
The article discusses the importance of a shareholder's approval under the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and the National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations (NASDAQ) listing rules for every Private Investment in Public Equity transactions (PIPEs) in the U.S.
- VIRGINIA: VDOT Nixes Privatization. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;1/24/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32801, p9
The article reports that Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) plans to use private investment to fund improvements to a portion of the state's highway system. According to David Ekern, he directed the department to terminate all activities relating to Public Private Transportation Act's...
- Public-Private Agreement for Texas Toll Road Project. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/29/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32413, p6
The article reports on the preliminary approval of the Texas Transportation Commission officials of a $1.3 billion toll road project. It has been noted that the deal marks the state's second public-private agreement with consortium known as Cintra Zachry. According to reports, the consortium...
- Traditional Private Placement Volume ($ Millions). // Private Placement Letter;7/19/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p12
Presents a graph of traditional placement volume in millions of dollars for the period June 2003 through June 2004. Month; Number of deals; Totals.