NEWS IN BRIEF
- University of Michigan Changes Tack in $140 Million Deal. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/21/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31391, p32
Reports on the marketing of revenue bonds by the University of Michigan in Ann Harbor, Michigan. Provision of permanent financing for the commercial paper; Construction of Biomedical Science Research Building; Renovations of school buildings.
- UM upgraded to highest possible Moody's bond rating. Wheeler, Jacob // Crain's Detroit Business;08/21/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p2
Reports on the upgrade of the bond ratings of the University of Michigan.
- Consumer Sentiment Index Falls to 71.3 in January. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;1/22/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33848, p2
The article reports that the consumer sentiment index recorded by the University of Michigan was 71.3 compared to the reading 72.9 in December 2012 and also offers information on expectation index and current conditions index.
- INBRIEF. Yong Lim // Bond Buyer;6/29/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33139, p35
The article offers news briefs related to bonds in the U.S. in 2009. The final June consumer sentiment index of the University of Michigan reached 70.8. The May personal income increased by 1.4%, however, the gross domestic product (GDP) is expected to decline through the second quarter of the...
- Consumer Sentiment Posts Largest-Ever Drop. Seigel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;10/20/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32985, p2
The article reports on the results of the preliminary October 2008 consumer sentiment index reading of the University of Michigan. According to market sources, consumer sentiment index posted 57.5, the largest-ever drop from the final September 70.3 reading preliminary September 73.1 reading,...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;7/15/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31427, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of July 2002. Increase in sales of retailers; Reduction in the consumer sentiment index of the University of Michigan; Formation of the New York City Charter Revision Commission by Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg.
- Oregon Legislators Push Income Tax Hike, Tobacco Debt Sale. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31474, p4
Reports the authorization to issue bonds secured in tobacco settlement proceeds and for an increase in income tax by the lawmakers in Oregon. Creation of a rainy-day fund for the state and increase cigarette taxes; Payment of the general obligation bonds; Increase in the personal income tax...
- Dorm Leads Tax-Backed N.Y. Deals. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/2/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31483, p1
Reports the decision of the government to sell personal income tax bonds in New York. List of companies included in the sale of market bonds; Allocation of sale proceeds to environmental projects; Refund of outstanding bonds for educational facilities and state colleges.
- N.Y. Budget Mess Keeps PIT Bonds at Bay. Phillips, Ted // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/16/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 26, p12
The article focuses on the sales condition of personal income tax (PIT) bonds in New York.