Triple-A Wake County, N.C., May Pull Refunding Piece of GO Deal
- DYNAMIC RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN BONDS YIELDS OF MALAYSIA, SINGAPORE, THAILAND, INDIA AND JAPAN. Cheng Fan Fah; Nasir, Annuar // International Journal of Academic Research in Business & Social ;Jan2012, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p220
In this paper, we study the dynamic relationship of bond yields of Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, India, and Japan by using 43 observations for the period of 2007 to July 2010. This study analyzes the government bond returns and the yields curve for the five countries with different term to...
- Climbing the Bond Ladder to Success. Blau, Joel M.; Paprocki, Ronald J. // AUANews;Oct2008, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p27
This article examines the practice of laddering a bond portfolio. The possibility of losing principal in the bond portfolio if interest rates increase is one difficulty with adding bonds to a portfolio in an attempt to reduce the overall inherent risk. Laddering a bond portfolio involves...
- Market Close: Supply Scarcity May Be Helping Muni Market. Flynn, Hillary; Bonello, Maria // Bond Buyer;3/31/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34084, p1
The article offers information on low issuance of municipal market, and stabilizing prices after a bout of interest-rate concerns in the U.S. It states that yields for maturities in four- to nine-years decline by one basis point, while yields for bonds maturing in less than three years and from...
- Healthy finances. // New Zealand Doctor;5/20/2009, p33
The article presents information on bonds and their role as shock absorbers in a balanced investment portfolio. The entities that issue a bond are governments, local authorities and companies. Several terms that people investing in bonds should be familiar with are defined including face value,...
- The Return of FMPs. Alvares, Clifford // Business Today;10/4/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p130
The article discusses the return of the fixed maturity plans (FMPs) in the securities market in India. It mentions that due to the positive signs of manifested by interest rates, fund houses are beginning to launch such offerings to capture higher yields. It relates that another factor that...
- Chicago Parks District Forced to Dig Deeper. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/31/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34369, p1
The Chicago Park District's steep yield premiums drew strong interest in the agency's Aug. 27 sale as the penalties nearly doubled on some maturities when compared to a June 2014 sale that carried the same published ratings.
- Tax-Adjusted Duration for Amortizing Debt Instruments. Stock, Duane; Simonson, Donald G. // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Sep88, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p313
This research provides improved techniques for analyzing the after-tax risk exposure of taxable institutions holding amortizing instruments such as commercial, real estate, and consumer loans. We derive after-tax duration for amortizing instruments and analyze it for sensitivity to tax rates,...
- CORPORATE DEBT COUPON RATE STRATEGIES: COMMENT. McCallum, John S. // National Tax Journal;Mar78, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p105
Comments on the corporate debt coupon rate strategies. Relationship between a bond's price and its coupon as interest rates change; Illustration of the effects of maturity; Evaluation of institutional money managers on the performance of their portfolio over time.
- Illinois Selling $850M of GOs, With the Fed's Wind at Its Back. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/17/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31843, p1
Reports on the investment of Illinois to the securities market. Worth of the new-money and refunding general obligation sale; Decision of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board to interest rates of the securities; Pressures on the 2013 and 2014 maturities.