INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: TECHNOLOGY
- Wal-Mart set to go in cyberspace. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;2/15/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p25
Reports on Wal-Mart Stores Inc. and Microsoft Corp.'s plans to develop a joint on-line shopping venture in Puerto Rico.
- Microsoft previews Internet commerce server. Kalin, Sari; Parsons, Michael // InfoWorld;2/19/96, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p51
Reports on Microsoft Corp.'s plans to enter the Internet commerce market, with Wal-Mart as its first beta customers. Development of a Windows NT-based Merchant Server; Comments from industry executives; Contact information.
- How to select your investment banker. Sweeney, Paul // Treasury & Risk Management;Mar2000, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p26
Presents Wal-Mart Stores Inc.'s criteria in selecting investment banks. Emphasis on relationships; Changes in the investment market; Utilization of several banks for various functions; Impact of the Internet on the functions of middlemen and intermediaries in the industry; Anticipation of the...
- Wal-Mart, AOL form alliance of giants. Troy, Mike // Discount Store News;1/3/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the agreement between Wal-Mart and America Online (AOL) that allows the two companies to leverage each others' strengths. Characteristic of the agreement; Other aspects of the deal; Remarks from Wal-Mart spokesman Les Copeland; Benefits of the deal to Wal-Mart.
- EC gives Microsoft list of charges. Bennett, Ray; Pryor, Peter // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/12/2003, Vol. 379 Issue 47, p51
Microsoft Corp. has two months to respond to new antitrust charges leveled by the European Commission (EC) in respect to the way it sells its music and video software. The EC said it has given Microsoft a "final list of charges" and a last opportunity to comment before it concludes its antitrust...
- Shopping meets Net surfing in Wal-Mart/Microsoft deal. Goldgaber, Arthur // Discount Store News;2/19/96, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p17
Reports on the implications of the agreement between Wal-Mart Stores Inc. and Microsoft Corp. to operate an on-line shopping venture on the Internet. Eligibility for discounts of on-line shoppers.
- Marriage of giants. // Chain Store Age;Mar1996, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p20
Reports that Wal-Mart and Microsoft will team up to create an on-line store to debut in spring 1996. Wal-Mart's first effort sell merchandise via the Internet.
- New Microsoft fixtures dominate software mix. Hisey, Pete // Discount Store News;8/5/96, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p3
Reports on Microsoft's launching of an interactive module featuring its top software titles in Wal-Mart stores. Components of the fixture; Arrangement of software products by category; Installation of the fixture in the center of Wal-Mart's software aisle.
- The Commish. Masters, Charles // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/17/2000, Vol. 365 Issue 13, p11
Discusses European commissioner Mario Monti's approval of the merger between American Online Inc. and Time Warner and French conglomerate Vivendi with pay television company, Canal Plus and Seagram Co. Commission's rejection of the Warner Music's merger with EMI; Authority of Monti to...