INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: HEALTHCARE
- Evolution of value. Koberstein, Wayne // Pharmaceutical Executive;Jul98, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p40
Focuses on Novartis, a pharmaceutical company, and its head officer, Daniel Vasella. Responsibilities of Vasella; Moves that strengthened the portfolio of Novartis; Integration of research and development and marketing in the company; Vasella's description of some products released by Novartis.
- Lilly and Novartis antipsychotics keep patients on treatment longer. // PharmaWatch: CNS;May 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the finding that schizophrenia patients taking atypical antipsychotics such as Eli Lilly's Zyprexa or Novartis' Clozaril stayed on their medication longer than patients taking older, typical antipsychotics, allowing for potentially greater clinical improvements. Study demonstrating...
- Study Lead Opportunities. // CenterWatch Monthly;Jan2016, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p15
A chart is presented that shows clinical trials of different drugs which are expected to proceed to the next clinical development phase including Serelaxin of Novartis AG, LY3002813 of Eli Lilly & Co., and pembrolizumab of Merck Sharp & Dohme.
- Prescription for long-term growth. Anderson, Jenny // Business Mexico;1996/97 Special Edition, Vol. 6/7 Issue 12/1, p38
Reports on the steps taken by the pharmaceutical firm Eli Lilly y Compania de Mexico to cope with the country's economic crisis. Includes price increases; Increase in investment and employment; Effect of the crisis on the Mexican health care system; Interest of health maintenance organizations...
- Novartis Hits Milestone in Malaria Fight. // Chain Drug Review;7/20/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p100
The article reports that Novartis AG has delivered the 250th million treatment of Coartem, an artemisinin-based combination therapy (ACT) for the treatment of malaria in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania. Daniel Vasella, the firm's chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) stated that they are the first...
- Tracking the Fertile Ground of Biopharmaceuticals. Sauer, Pamela // Chemical Market Reporter;3/11/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 10, p21
Reports on the biotechnology drugs approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Amgen Inc.'s Aranesp; Novartis' Gleevec; Xigris developed by Eli Lilly & Co. INSETS: Marketed and Pipeline Forecast Revenues, 2004 and 2006...;2006 Forecast Sales of Current Pipeline Products and Recent ....
- NEW PRODUCTS. Stein, Julianne // Drug Topics;Dec2015, Vol. 159 Issue 12, p74
Thde article offers brief information on new drugs including the vaccine, Fluad, from Novartis AG, cobimetnib from Genentech Inc. and necitumumab from Eli Lilly and Co. Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Co. tries to cozy up to women. Ellison, Evelyn // Indianapolis Business Journal;08/25/97, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p13A
Reports on developments in the healthcare industry in Indianapolis, Indiana during the week of August 25 to 31, 1997. Eli Lilly and Co.'s decision to form a business unit devoted entirely to women's health care; Possibility of a boom in the market for women's drugs; Financial performance of...
- Lilly offers seniors new drug plan. // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/26/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p21
Reports on the launching of a drug plan for low-income seniors by Eli Lilly and Co. in Indianapolis, Indiana.