INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs
- Putnam Investments rumor denied. // Insurance Advocate;07/12/97, Vol. 108 Issue 27, p32
Reports on Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc.'s denial that it had any intention of selling its wholly-owned subsidiary, Putnam Investments.
- M&M denies talks to sell Putnam. Gjertsen, Lee Ann // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;07/07/97, Vol. 101 Issue 27, p1
Reports that Marsh and McLennan Companies has denied published reports to sell its investment management subsidiary, Putnam Investments. Identification of one report; Comments from Barbara Perlmutter, vice president of public affairs for New York-based M and M; Information on Putnum Investments.
- Putnam charges deemed unlikely to hurt Marsh. Roberts, Sally // Business Insurance;11/10/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 45, p1
The article reports that regulator and shareholder securities lawsuits against Putnam Investments Inc. and its parent, Marsh & McLennan Cos. Inc. (MMC), are not expected to have any adverse impact on MMC's risk and insurance brokerage operations. Late last month, in separate civil complaints,...
- Marsh & McLennan mum on report of a Putnam spinoff. Kapiloff, Howard // American Banker;11/25/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 226, p12
Reports on the silence of Marsh & McLennan Cos. Inc. over rumors of a spinoff involving its subsidiary Putnam Investments. Comments from industry experts; Financial performance of money management firms.
- Putnam Under Fire Once Again. // Investment Management Weekly;3/14/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the investigations being conducted by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on potential conflicts that might arise from business referrals Putnam Investments and other Marsh & McLennan Cos. subsidiaries may have made. Allegations made by Putnam executives against Mercer...
- Probe at Parent Another Woe for Putnam. Frankie, Chris // Money Management Executive;10/25/2004, Vol. 12 Issue 42, p1
This article reports on a probe aimed at the company, Putnam Investments' parent company Marsh & McLennan Cos. Inc. New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer is targeting Putnam's parent company for rigging bids for insurance contracts and steering clients to insurers that would pay the firm...
- Broker Marsh Denies Plan to Sell Putnam. // American Banker;6/6/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 107, p7
Reports that while Marsh & McLennan Cos. is doing a strategic review of all its businesses, it is not planning to sell its Putnam Investments mutual fund unit. How Marsh denied reports that it hired Goldman Sachs Group and Citigroup Inc. to value Putnam; Performance of Putnam since becoming the...
- Insurance Companies Weigh Sale Of Mutual Fund Units: Marsh & McLennan Considering Sale Of Putnam Investment Arm. Ruquet, Mark E. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/252006, Vol. 110 Issue 36, p6
The article reports on the plan of Marsh & McLennan, an insurance company to sell Putnam which is one of its investment arm in the U.S. The plan was triggered by the unsatisfactory result of the 2nd quarter report of the stock market which revealed that the company showed a continuous decline...
- Putnam Plans to Foster Entrepreneurship. Ackerrnann, Matt // Money Management Executive;11/29/2004, Vol. 12 Issue 47, p1
This article focuses on the sale of the company, Putnam Investments. Amid company wide layoffs and speculation about a possible sale, Putnam Investments chief executive officer says he is confident that the company can get bigger by getting smaller. Ed Haldeman said in a recent interview the...