Random House Edges Penguin Group For Nonfiction Lead
- Fourth Quarter Decent Across Board as Penguin Adds Digital Spin on Classics. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2008, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the financial performance of U.S. book publishers for the fourth quarter of 2007. Simon & Schuster Inc. experienced a 26% decline in its operating profit and a 4% decrease in revenue during the quarter. Penguin Group also suffered from a slight decline in its sales...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;3/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p4
Presents the New York Times bestseller scorecard for publishers. Random House; Penguin Group USA; Simon & Schuster; Time Warner.
- THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;4/7/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p2
Lists top performing book publishers. Random House Inc.; Simon & Schuster Inc.; Penguin Group; HarperCollins Publishers.
- Random House Dominates Fiction List. // Book Publishing Report;4/26/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p7
Reports developments on the publishing industry in the U.S. as of April 26, 2004. Number of bestsellers of Random House company through April 25, 2004; Sales of the book "Can You Keep a Secret" by Sophie Kinsella and published by Dial Corp.; Launch of the book "Nighttime Is My Time" written by...
- New Titles Make Mark as RH Holds Lead on Penguin Group. // Book Publishing Report;4/3/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p7
The article reports on the ranking and performance of several book publishers in the "New York Times" bestsellers. Random House Inc. now holds the lead in the hardcover nonfiction category after adding three titles in the list. Second placer Penguin Group has published 10 titles in 31 weeks....
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE PUBLISHERS Paperback Nonfiction. // Book Publishing Report;8/25/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p7
Presents a chart depicting the ranking of bestseller scorecard of the publishers for nonfiction paperback as of August 2003. Number of book titles published by Random House Inc.: Rank of Simon & Schuster Inc. in the list; Total number of weeks for including the books published by Penguin Group USA.
- 2004 Paperback Nonfiction Bestsellers By Publisher. // Book Publishing Report;1/17/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p8
This article presents information on the list of publishers for paperback nonfiction in 2004 in the U.S. Some of the publishers listed are Random House Inc., Broadway, Three Rivers, Anchor, Vintage, Ballantine, Dell, Knopf, Simon & Schuster, Penguin Group USA Inc., Berkley Plume, Putnam, Dutton,...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;05/15/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p8
Reports on developments concerning book publishers and publishing as of May 15, 2000. Key personnel changes at Penguin Group; Suzanne Baboneau's appointment as fiction publisher at Simon & Schuster in Great Britain.
- IN THE LOOP... // Book Publishing Report;12/23/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p6
Reports developments related to the publication industry in the U.S. Accounts on the total number of debut novels and short story collections published by Random House publications; Details on the revenue growth earned by Simon & Schuster company; Decision of Perseus Publishing to release the...