Penguin Imprints Developing Nonfiction Military Line
- What Is So Special. Biass, Eric H. // Armada International;Dec/Jan2005 Supplement, p1
Presents information on special operation teams in the armed forces. Types of missions special operation teams perform; Ability of the team to perform a swift act of war; Reputation of the British Special Air Service as a special operations organisation.
- TRANSITION TEAMS AND OPERATIONAL INTEGRATION IN IRAQ. Colloton, Patrick T.; Stoner, Tommy E. // Infantry;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 95 Issue 6, p32
The article discusses externally sourced transition teams (TT). TT are either generated in theater out-of-hide by the coalition unit partnered with the Iraqi Security Forces or sourced from the continental U.S. with the Secretary of Defense's approval of a request for forces. There are many...
- CLIFFHANGER. Burton, Janice // Special Warfare: The Professional Bulletin of the John F. Kenned;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p14
The article provides details of the special forces operation conducted by the United States Army Special Operations Command in the Shok Velley in Afghanistan. It recounts the sequences they have taken into account during the battle, including the mission with a group of Afghan commandos, the way...
- Weekend Warrior. Pelton, Robert Young // National Geographic Adventure;Oct2005, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p34
The article reports on a U.S. Navy SEAL training program for civilians. There's been a surge in quasi-military adventures lately, from hostage training with former U.S. Special Forces, to touring recent battlefields, to flying Russian MiGs. At the Original SEAL Physical Training Course in...
- RETHINKING 10 COMPLEX OPERATIONS IN THE INFORMATION AGE. de Czege, Huba Wass // Military Review;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 88 Issue 6, p14
The article provides information on the significance of the information operations (IO) in the modern-day war. It mentions the comparison between the IO and the Rapid Decision Operations (RDO) which are both used in every military operation and highlights how IO can distract and disengage any...
- The Dash for Manila. Eichelberger, Robert L.; MacKaye, Milton // Saturday Evening Post;9/10/1949, Vol. 222 Issue 11, p26
The article relates the experience of the author during the 8th Army operations in the Philippines in 1944. According to the author, there has never been another army just like the 8th, which set an all-time record for swift amphibious movement. They took over Leyte island, in which they had...
- Changing of the Guard: Civilian Protection for an Evolving Military. LEWIS, LARRY; HOLEWINSKI, SARAH // PRISM Security Studies Journal;2013, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p56
The article analyzes three of the new military priorities of the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama which could affect the nation's efforts to avoid civilian harm in future wars and responding properly to civilian losses in armed conflict. It is stated that these three priorities are...
- Special Forces: Development, Structures, Missions. // Military Technology;Sep2002, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p48
Reports on the development, structures and missions of special forces in various countries. Definition of special forces; History of special forces since World War II; National differences in the operations of special forces; Operational scenarios.
- GLOSSARY. McNab, Chris // Survive in the Jungle with the Special Forces "Green Berets";2003, p90
The section presents various terms related to special military forces.