Christian Book Retailers Report Increase In February Sales
- The Making of Fewer Bibles? Winston, Kimberly // Publishers Weekly;10/12/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 41, p44
Focuses on the question of whether or not specialty editions of Bibles and new Bible translations are only crowding the shelves. Examination of the trends in Bible purchasing; Comments of various booksellers; Stance of several publishers; Arguments in favor of the reissued classics; Current...
- Low-Price Leaders. Raugust, Karen // Publishers Weekly;10/3/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 39, p10
This article considers dollar stores as a viable channel for new books. Formerly perceived as a dumping ground for remainders, dollar stores have increasingly become a viable channel for new books, particularly in lower-end children's categories such as coloring and activity titles. Many dollar...
- AAP sales report. // Publishers Weekly;9/21/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 38, p11
Presents a chart and three graphs describing book sales for July, 1998, according to the American Association of Publishers (AAP). Twelve categories of book sales.
- Lots of Choices for People of the Book' Garrett, Lynn // Publishers Weekly;10/12/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 41, p37
Introduces articles in the magazine that can help the general bookseller turn hectic holiday demand for sacred texts into a profit. Problems that Bible sales present; Significance of the sacred text of any faith; Importance of taking advantage of trends in bookselling.
- Pulling Away from the Pack. Keisman, Julie Hathaway // Publishers Weekly;10/12/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 41, p38
Offers secrets of positioning new Bible products to succeed in a crowded market. Importance of avoiding intimidation; Comments of several industry experts; Facts about Bible sales in general bookstores; Problems cited by booksellers; Categorizing of Bibles; New releases; Importance of...
- TOP BOOK RETAILERS. // DSN Retailing Today;7/8/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p35
Discusses the status of book retailers in the U.S., according to the 'Annual Industry Report,' compiled by 'DSN Retailing Today,' in 2001. Top three book retailers named by the report; Factors which contributed to increased sales of Borders; Projected number of Borders Books and Music stores by...
- Book-signings at TASCHEN stores. // Art Newspaper;May2008 Supplement, p125
Several images about the book singings at Taschen stores are presented.
- Independents get guide to mags success. // Convenience Store;7/8/2011, p7
The article announces the launching by the Professional Publishers Association (PPA) of the free information pack "Making More Money from Magazines" for independent retailers to help them maximise magazine sales.
- THE NET BOOK AGREEMENT. Samuels, Alec // Contemporary Review;Mar88, Vol. 252 Issue 1466, p148
The article states that generally the manufacturer cannot fix the price at which the wholesaler and retailer sells a product, though he may try by means of a recommended retail price--RRP. In a free market Resale Price Maintenance, Book Price Maintenance (RPM) has no place. Competition and the...