Clarke Interview Raises New Questions About Media Ownership
- '60 Minutes' clocks in with 'Attack' disclosure. // Daily Variety;4/8/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 4, p4
Reports on CBS News' plans to feature "Plan of Attack," investigate journalist Bob Woodward's book about U.S. President George W. Bush's administration on the television show "60 Minutes". Criticism of the show for its failure to disclose its ties to book publisher Simon & Schuster Inc. when it...
- What's next for S&S? A new owner? Or maybe a Nashville network imprint? // Book Publishing Report;09/13/99, Vol. 24 Issue 36, p1
Examines the impact of Viacom Inc.'s merger with CBS Inc. on Viacom subsidiary Simon & Schuster Inc.'s publishing business. Simon & Schuster's relationship with affiliate companies; Publishing opportunities; Advantages obtained by Simon & Schuster from its ties with Viacom.
- Viacom Merger Raises Queries About S&S's Future. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/13/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 37, p10
Deals with the insistence of executives at Simon & Schuster publishing company that the proposed merger of Viacom, its parent company, with CBS company, will have meager effect on the publisher. Revenue performance of Simon & Schuster; Forecast of the executives for the publishing company;...
- Bush's Foreign Policy Foibles. Howell, Llewellyn D. // USA Today Magazine;May2004, Vol. 132 Issue 2708, p23
Criticizes the foreign policy of the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush toward the war against terrorism. Accusations of former top counter-terrorism official Richard Clarke against Bush's terrorism policy; Failure of the administration to control Israel and remove it from its...
- Insiders: White House Can't Control Clarke. Barnes, James A.; Mahtesian, Charles // National Journal;4/3/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 14, preceding p1014
Focuses on a Democratic Insiders Poll which graded the damage-control efforts of the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush against the allegations of former counter-terrorism expert Richard Clarke.
- DEMOCRATIC INSIDERS POLL. Barnes, James A.; Mahtesian, Charles // National Journal;4/3/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 14, preceding p1014
Presents a Democratic Insiders Poll which identified and ranked issues that might hurt the re-election bid of U.S. President George W. Bush. Book of former counter-terrorism officer Richard Clarke about the war on Iraq; Commendation given by Gregory Mankiw, chairman for the Council of Economic...
- TAKING THE BATTLE TO THE ENEMY. Schneider, William // National Journal;4/10/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 15, p1148
Comments on the political and economic campaigns of U.S. President George W. Bush. Information on the war doctrine of Bush; Controversy on the allegation made by Richard Clarke on the threat of terrorism; Campaign of Bush on the price increase of gases in the U.S.
- KEEPING DATA AWAY FROM THE PUBLIC EYE. Carlson, Caron // eWeek;2/25/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p19
Reports the plans of creating the Freedom of Information Act for the safety of Internet in the U.S. Stand of cyberspace security adviser Richard Clarke on the barrier created by the rules to the private and public sector; Effort of President George W. Bush to pass the legislation; Assumption on...
- Ready, aim...media set to fire away at President Bush. O'Reilly, Bill // Fort Worth Business Press;11/30/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 32, p29
Comments on the media attacks on U.S. President George W. Bush. Issues raised by Bush's media critics; Relationship of the media with Bush and former President Bill Clinton.