FAR WEST Bond-Watch
- San Diego ballpark opponents file lawsuit to invalidate bond funding. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;02/16/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30830, p3
Reports on a lawsuit challenging the San Diego City Council's decision to increase the amount of bonds needed to build a San Diego Padres ballpark. Allegations of the Association of Concerned Taxpayers; Details of the proposed financing.
- Alaska bond bank, an infrequent issuer, will venture forth with $8 million deal. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;03/13/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30350, p28
Reports that Alaska Municipal Bond Bank will proceed with an eight million dollar competitive bond deal. Seattle-Northwest Securities Co. as financial adviser; Financial projects in the city; Bond ratings.
- Bond Bank Upgrade. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/9/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32214, p31
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the general obligation debt of the Alaska Municipal Bond Bank from A2 to A1 in Alaska.
- Alaska Municipal Bond Bank Raised to AA-Plus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;2/1/2014, p29
The article reports on the AA-plus long-term rating assigned by Standard & Poor's (S&P) Ratings Services on Alaska Municipal Bond Bank's (AMMB) debt outstanding and general obligation bonds 2014A and B series one.
- Negotiated Bond Sales. // Bond Buyer;9/25/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34184, p1
A chart is presented showing negotiated bond sales by various government organizations in the U.S. including Alaska municipal Bond Bank, Alaska, Laveen Elementary School District, Arizona and Brentwood Infrastructure Finance Authority, California.
- San Diego Council Gives Initial OK To First Public Bond Sale in 5 Years. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;10/30/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32993, p3
The article discusses the move of San Diego City Council to preliminary approve the city's first public bond issues in five years in California. San Diego hopes to return to market in January 2009 with as much as $309 million of water revenue refunding funds. According to San Diego Mayor Jerry...
- Alaska Bank to Bond for Energy and Education Projects. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;10/29/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34003, p1
The article offers information that Alaska Municipal Bond Bank Authority has planned to price general obligation bonds of 77 million U.S. dollars in October 2013 to fund local school and water improvements. It states that the bank is issuing the bonds to five Alaskan cities to save a total of...
- San Diego may expand franchises. Wiley, Walt // Waste News;02/23/98, Vol. 3 Issue 41, p5
Reports that in March 1998, the San Diego City Council will vote on a recommendation that it seek applications for commerical hauling franchises. Identification of the companies which were granted franchises since 1996; Distribution of the market share among commercial hauling companies;...
- Officeholders suddenly find themselves appreciated. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;1/6/97, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p6
Focuses on the confidence which residents of San Diego, California, have in their City Council members. Second term majority vote won by Mayor Susan Golding; Little or no opposition faced by council members who ran for reelection; Total endorsement of leadership in San Diego. INSET: How do you...