Report: State Tax Revenue Growth Finally Picking Up
- States' Underlying Revenues Grew 0.4% in 3d Quarter. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/19/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31785, p4
Reports on the increase in tax revenue in Washhington. Calculation of underlying tax revenue; Adjustment of tax revenue to account for inflation and recent changes in tax law; Growth in personal income tax and corporate income tax.
- The effects of Truth-in-Taxation on controlling property taxes. Stephenson, Howard // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/1/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 14, p22
No abstract available.
- 'When In the Course Of Human Events...' Mullally, John // MAN: Modern Applications News;Jul2005, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p6
Presents an article focusing on the need to improve tax laws in the U.S. in 2005. Impact of national sales tax on revenue; Section of the tax code that punishes success.
- Maryland, Virginia Eye Dedicated Transit Funding. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;1/12/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32297, p5
The article reports on a legislative bill proposed for funding Maryland and Virginia's transit system. Virginia Senator Mary Margaret Whipple has introduced the legislation that would increase the current sales tax in Arlington and Fairfax counties by 0.25% and dedicate the revenue to the...
- OKLAHOMA: Tulsa Arena Rakes It In. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/20/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33044, p9
The article reports on almost $1.1 million in city, county and state sales tax revenue that is being generated by Tulsa, Oklahoma's new BOK Center. The city is said to have financed the arena with $141 million of proceeds from revenue bonds being issued by Tulsa County in 2004 and was supported...
- FREQUENTLY ASKED MULTISTATE TAX QUESTION. // Journal of State Taxation;Spring2003, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p91
Answers a question concerning the states which have introduced a version of the Streamlined Sales Tax Act in the U.S. Introduction of legislation to establish a study committee to examine the feasibility of the act; Participation status of states; Project and state law version; Implications for...
- Sales Factor: Throwback Rules (Part 2). // Journal of State Taxation;Spring2003, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p93
Presents an overview of sales taxation in various states in the U.S. Throwback rules for sales taxation; Rights to tax sales; Implications for policies on taxation.
- TEXAS. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;9/15/2012, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p7
This section offers news briefs concerning taxation laws in Texas as of September 2012, including a declaration that the annual subscription fee for streamed videos and electronic books are subject to state sales or use tax and a comptroller letter being issued discussing sales tax treatment for...
- Voters defeat sales tax hike. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);11/14/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 46, p11A
The article reports that voters from Burnet County, Texas have defeated a proposal to creat the County Assistance District (CAD) which would have authorized a 2 percent sales tax increase for unincorporated areas of the country.