Ocean Journey Creditors Catch Windfall, Thanks to Bondholders' Runoff
- Denver Aquarium Sees Deal With Investors by January 1. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31507, p6
Highlights the expectation of Colorado-based Ocean Journey Aquarium to finalize an agreement with investors holding defaulted revenue bonds by the end of the year 2002. Issues that need to be considered according to Denver, Colorado attorney Carl Eklund; Confidence of the company's president...
- COLORADO: Troubled Waters. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/23/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31249, p35
Analyzes the financial strength of Colorado-based company Ocean Journey Aquarium in disposing off its outstanding debt payment on revenue bonds. Prospects of a refinancing deal according to Ocean Journey president Doug Townsend; Conduit issuer and bond counsel of the original deal; Source from...
- Denver Mayor Won't Spend City Dollars on Aquarium. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31341, p34
Reports that aquarium officials at Denver, Colorado-based Ocean Journey will be negotiating with investors who hold the facility's $57 million of defaulted revenue bonds because of the state government's refusal to help the facility through its financial crisis. Record of Ocean Journey in debt...
- Ocean Journey Bondholders Getting $2.24 Million from U.S. Bank. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/15/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31740, p3
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Bank to forward payments to investors who hold failed revenue bonds issued to finance Ocean Journey's aquarium in Denver, Colorado. Issuance of unrated bonds; Percentage of coupon rates; Completion of other outstanding Ocean Journey debt.
- Bailout Rumors Swirl as Denver Aquarium Struggles to Pay Bills. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/30/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31191, p38
Focuses on the bond rumors involving Six Flags and the Ocean Journey in Denver, Colorado. Technical default reported by Ocean Journey; Impact of the rumors on the aquarium bond holders; Discussion for possible remedies.
- Denver Aquarium Hopes To Remain Afloat Through Bankruptcy. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/3/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31357, p3
Reports the filing of Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection of the Colorado Ocean Journey Aquarium in Denver, Colorado. Consideration of options to rescue investments; Liquidation of assets; Disclosure of several prospective buyers.
- No Bondholder Agreement Yet for Failed Colo. Aquarium. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/2/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31544, p3
Focuses on a debt workout plan for officials from Colorado's Ocean Journey aquarium. Adoption of reorganization plan by Ocean Journey; Issuance of revenue bonds by Ocean Journey.
- Bankrupt Colorado Aquarium Finds a Buyer, Believe It or Not. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p3
Reports that investors who own multi-million dollar defaulted revenue bonds to finance Colorado's Ocean Journey aquarium have agreed to accept a 4.5 million dollar bid from Ripley Entertainment Inc. for the aquarium that has filed for bankruptcy. Aquariums operated by Ripley in the U.S.; Gains...
- Fish on the Menu as Ocean Journey Is Bought by Houston Restaurant Chain. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31587, p3
Reports that Houston, Texas-based Landry's Restaurants Inc. won a bidding for the failed Ocean Journey aquarium in Denver, Colorado as of March 4, 2003. Amount involved in the bid; Amount offered by Landry's nearest competitor for the bid; Other details of the bid.