Municipals Again Drift Downward; Current, Future Supply Looms Large
- Munis Climb and Treasuries Rally; $853M of N.Y.C. Bonds Repriced. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;5/19/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32136, p2
The article reports that with a benign inflation report sparking a rally in Treasuries, the United States municipal bond market climbed higher and investors showed strong demand for a heavy calendar of new issues, including 853 million dollars of New York City tax-exempt paper. Traders said...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bondbuyer.com;9/20/2013, p27
The article presents the results of negotiated sales in several states including Arizona, California and Colorado. It cites the California's general obligation capital appreciation bonds election 2008 series B of 3,683,657 U.S. dollars, Colorado's general obligation refunding bonds Series 2013A...
- Indexes All Up as Prices Fall in Sympathy With Treasuries. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p6
The article reports on the rise of weekly yield indexes in the United States for the week of March 10, 2006. The indexes' rise was attributed to the fall of municipal bond prices caused by the slide in the Treasury market. The Treasury's status was induced by technical factors along with the...
- Most Yield Indexes Rise on Fears of More Fed Tightening. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/9/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32214, p6
Reports on the increase in bond yield indexes after concern grew among market participants that the U.S. Federal Reserve Board will continue its tightening cycle despite the economic impact of Hurricane Katrina. Focus of Federal Reserve governor Michael Moskow on inflation; Effect of oil price...
- Treasuries soar, while municipals post healthy gains on June payrolls. Ring, Niamh // Bond Buyer;07/07/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30181, p1
Reports on the effects of the June unemployment report on bond trading in the United States on July 3, 1997. Increase in non-farm payrolls, according to the Labor Department; Decision by the Federal Open Market Committee to leave short-term interest rates unchanged; Issuance of municipals for...
- Municipals Weaken Ahead of April Jobs Report as Selling Picks Up Pace. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31879, p2
Reports that municipal bonds weakened in the United States. Effect of the initial report of jobless claims on the bond market; Bond prices and yields; Trading trends.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;12/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31042, p22
Highlights the results of negotiated municipal bond sales in the United States as of December 21, 2000. California Statewide Communities Development Authority's multi-family housing revenue bonds; Pueblo West Metropolitan District, Colorado's water and wastewater revenue bonds.
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;12/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31042, p27
Lists municipal bond elections in the United States as of December 21, 2000.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;12/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31042, p32
Presents statistics on the municipal bond market in the United States as of December 21, 2000. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; One-year note index; Visible supply rises; New-issue balances; Reoffering yields.