Chicago Ed Board Plans Refunding
- Chicago Schools Wrap Up Complex Tender Restructuring Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31827, p28
Reports on the Chicago Board of Education and the Chicago School Finance Authority's (SFA) refund of bonds originally sold in 1992 and 1993 and remarketing of bonds from deals tendered as part of a restructuring of the SFA's debt. Loop Capital Markets Inc. as senior manager and remarketing...
- Moody's Downgrades Chicago Board of Education, IL's GO to B1. // Bond Buyer;12/22/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34430, p1
Moody's Investors Service has downgraded to B1 from Ba3 the rating on the Chicago Board of Education, IL's $5.5 billion of Moody's-rated general obligation (GO) debt.
- Chicago Schools Pay Price to Get Deal Done. Shields, Yvette; Barnett, Harold; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;4/22/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34296, p1
Drawn by attractive interest rates, investors Tuesday bought up $300 million of bonds sold by the Chicago Board of Education, which has been dogged questions about its solvency.
- Calif., Chicago BOE, Phoenix Deals Come to Market. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;4/22/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34296, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bonds ended weaker on Tuesday, traders said, as a slew of new issues came to market, including three large competitive offerings from California, a sale from Phoenix, and a deal from the Chicago Board of Education.
- Chicago's New Education Team Gears Up for 1st Market Trip. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/22/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31208, p36
Reports the sale of general obligation bonds by the Board of Education in Chicago, Illinois. Uses of the sale proceeds; Projects of Chicago schools; Deals negotiated by school finance officials; Promotion of state aid to school programs.
- Chicago Deal For Schools Hinges on Aid. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/16/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31388, p1
No abstract available.
- ILLINOIS: Bear Stearns Tapped. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31273, p37
Reports that the Chicago, Illinois Board of Education has selected Bear, Stearns & Co. as the book-runner for the its prospective multi-million-dollar general obligation bond issue. Utility of the proceeds of the bond issue.
- Chicago School Board Approves Set-Up of $800M Line of Credit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/16/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33334, p3
The article reports that the Chicago, Illinois Board of Education has approved set-up of 800 million dollars line of credit. During an emergency meeting, the board voted to authorize the establishment of this line of credit to boost its liquidity. The board is grappling with late aid payments...
- Chicago Board of Education to Issue $45M of Bonds Next Week. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/14/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31077, p40
Reports the plans of the Chicago Board of Education to issue general obligation-like bonds in Chicago, Illinois. Improvement of the rating given by Moody's Investor Service to the board; Significance of alternate revenue source structure; Identification of funding sources for additional debt...