IN MY OWN WORDS
- Why Jane Doesn't Lead. Goman, Carol Kinsey // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Jun2010, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p11
The author notes the efforts of organizations to develop the leadership abilities of women and create flexible work schedules, to attract women and groom them for top management positions. She says that only few women have made it to be in the senior-level leaders role because women's...
- Navy Policy Will Allow Women To Serve Aboard Submarines. Howard, LaTunya; Lawson, Susan; James, Cullen // All Hands;Jun2010, Issue 1119, p6
The article offers information regarding the change in policy by the U.S. Congress which enables women in submarine service.
- Seabees change duty rotations to sea-shores. // All Hands;Jul94, Issue 927, p2
The article focuses on the changes in the assignment of Navies to accommodate women who will join the U.S. Naval Construction Force.
- The Enemy [Below] ... the Brass Above. Brower, J. Michael // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jun2000, Vol. 126 Issue 6, p33
Reports that the United States Defense Department has recommended that women serve in US Navy submarines. Justification which had been used to ban them there; Complaints over the cost of modifications to accommodate females; Experience of the Swedish, Norwegian and Australian navies in...
- Navy Women Celebrate 60 Years of Service. Alsmeyer, Marie Bennett // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Aug2002, Vol. 128 Issue 8, p99
Describes the celebration of 60 years of service by women in the U.S. Navy. History of the organization, Women Accepted for Volunteer Emergency Service; Establishment of the Women's Army Corps; Role of women in the Navy.
- Navy Drops Charges Against Four Sailors. // Advocate;10/2/80, Issue 302, p10
Reports on the decision of the Navy to drop the charges against women sailors for homosexual conduct in the U.S. Names of the women involved; Basis of the charges; Response of the American Civil Liberties Union to the case.
- symposium. Brower, J. Michael // Insight on the News;04/03/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p40
Debates whether the United States Navy should assign servicewomen to submarine duty. How women are proving that they enhance the capabilities of the globe's militaries; Country which permitted women in 1998 to take command of warships in the royal navy; Impact of the lack of privacy inside a...
- Trials of Eight Alleged Lesbian Sailors Begin. // Advocate;9/18/80, Issue 301, p7
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Navy on women sailors charged with lesbianism aboard the missile test ship Norton Sound. Absence of evidence to prove homosexual acts; Investigation conducted by the Navy Investigative Service; Background of the women.
- Women's Vision. Helgesen, Sally // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Jun2010, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p4
The author states that while women's skills have been recognized for the last 20 years by the best organizations, women's leadership is still in the process of being recognized. She states that most organizations still do not recognize the full scope of women's value to shape the mission and...