'Novel' Community Support Project Nets Truckload of Books
- WCC to `stand up' for women veterans. SHUSTACK, MARY // Westchester County Business Journal;5/27/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 21, p9
The article focuses on the Stand Up for Women Veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces, an event to be held at the Westchester Community College in Valhalla, New York on June 7, which focuses on helping the transition of women veterans from military to civilian life.
- The Business of Being Ready. MacDowell, Michael // University Business;Sep2005, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p27
Deals with the community involvement of universities and colleges on disaster management in the U.S. Costs associated with natural disasters in the country as of September 2005; Disaster plans among campuses; Features of the Ready Campus project.
- The Engaged University. Hollander, Elizabeth L.; Saltmarsh, John // Academe;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p29
Discusses the role of higher education in community service in the United States. Draft of the 1999 Fourth of July Declaration on the Civic Responsibility of Higher Education; Problems of higher education institutions and colleges; Solutions through higher education; Examples of institutional...
- Bridging Academies and Economies for the Future: Leadership and Partnership for `Town and Gown' Communities. Stevenson, Joseph M. // Education;Fall98, Vol. 119 Issue 1, p126
Discusses municipalities where colleges and universities are situated to provide timely and unique opportunities for connecting leadership and partnership among the community's myriad of organizations and institutions. Suggestions for developing town and college synergy; Laying the groundwork...
- Implementing a Target Budget for Prattville, Alabama. Lam, Marco; Carver, Mike; Miller, David // Strategic Finance;Oct2008, Vol. 90 Issue 4, p38
The article discusses Target Budgeting which is used by the nonprofit organization Alabama Productivity Center (APC) to help local businesses solve problems via research and technical assistance. The APC, which is located at the University of Alabama, helped Prattsville Mayor Jim Byard Jr....
- Forging Guns to Ploughshares. Samels, James E.; Martin, James // Community College Week;9/13/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p4
Reflects on the importance of U.S. military base realignment and closure for several community colleges in the U.S. Information on Mount Wachusett Community College's (MWCC) Learning Center in Fort Devens, Massachusetts; Significance of the development and accomplishments of MWCC at Devens;...
- HUDSON VALLEY NEWSMAKERS. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/31/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p23
This article presents information related to business. Jason B. Barlow, MPA, has joined Saint Francis Hospital as vice president for support services. Marcas Molinaro has been named a member of the Greenway Heritage Conservancy for the Hudson River Valley. Molinaro presently serves as the Mayor...
- The Community College Ideal. Valade, William J. // Education Digest;Apr1958, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p50
The article presents a reprint of the article "The Community College Ideal," by William J. Valade, which appeared in the February 1958 issue of "Junior College Journal." It presents principles which imply a concept of the ideal community college. These are: community college should be an...
- TVCC Business Class Gives Back. // Malakoff News (TX);5/13/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 19, p13A
The article offers information on the participation of a Trinity Valley Community College (TVCC) business class to the Child Advocacy Center community project of the Henderson County Help Center on April 27, 2011.