NASSCO Nets Contract for Two Additional T-AKE Ships
- U.S. Navy Organization and Missions. // Sea Power;Jan2004, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p1
Presents several U.S. Navy organizations and their missions. Brief history of the U.S. Pacific Fleet; Members of the Naval Forces Central Command; Responsibilities of the Naval Sea Systems Command.
- Renaissance at NAVSEA. Keeter, Hunter // Sea Power;Apr2002, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p85
Focuses on the evolution of the U.S. Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) as of April 2002. Restructuring of the NAVSEA in the 1990s; Goal of NAVSEA for its naval shipyards.
- NASSCO Wins T-AKE Contract; First Delivery Expected in 2005. // Sea Power;Dec2001, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p31
Reports that National Steel and Shipbuilding Co. has been awarded a contract to build two Lewis and Clark-class dry cargo ammunition ships for the United States Military Sealift Command. Value of the contract; Features and capabilities of the ships; Functional design work on the ships.
- SUPSALV's Husbandry Efforts Increase Fleet Readiness, Navy Says. // Washington Letter of Oceanography;11/3/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 22, p2
The article reports that five ships have been returned to the fleet by the U.S. Navy's Supervisor of Salvage and Diving (SUPSALV), a Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) directorate. The ships were delivered from October 7 to 13, 2008 using the SUPSALV underwater ship husbandry division (UWSH)....
- Navy Should Avoid Parts Obsolescence, See Quicker Upgrades Through OA, Official Says. Fein, Geoff // Defense Daily;7/14/2009, Vol. 243 Issue 9, p4
The article focuses on the urge by Michael Frick, vice commander of Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA), for the U.S. Navy to avoid parts obsolescence in system development and instead focus on open architecture (OA). Frick considers the Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC) program, which he...
- Navy's 5th Fleet Receives Torpedo Upgrade. McCarthy, Mike // Defense Daily;2/2/2012, Vol. 253 Issue 22, p5
The article reports that the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) has provided software updates to the U.S. Navy's 5th Fleet for the Mk 54 lightweight torpedoes which are deployed on surface combatants and helicopters for anti-submarine warfare. The upgrade was required to address a potential...
- NAVSEA Taking Steps To Ensure Operational Fleet Reaches Full Design Life. Fein, Geoff // Defense Daily;1/23/2009, Vol. 241 Issue 12, p6
The article reports that to ensure that it can reach the goal of a 313-ship fleet, the U.S. Navy is undertaking several efforts to make sure its ships reach their full design life. This was informed by Kevin McCoy, a top Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) official. On the acquisition side,...
- Navy Contracting Facing The Challenge of Building And Training A New Workforce. Fein, Geoff // Defense Daily;8/27/2009, Vol. 243 Issue 41, p3
The article reports that according to Jerome Punderson, director of contracts at the U.S. Naval Sea Systems Command, the Navy's contracting office is planning to increase its workforce. He said that in the 1990s, the contracting workforce was reduced to more than half which created many problems...
- Newest Aegis Combining Missile And Air Theater Defense Installed. // Space & Missile Defense Report;4/12/2013, p11
The article reports on the completion of the U.S. Navy and contractor Lockheed Martin on installing the Aegis combat system, which fuses ballistic missile defense capabilities and air theater defense for the first time. According to the U.S. Naval Sea Systems Command, the installation of Aegis...