Some Upcoming Military Deals Could Forgo Bond Insurance
- Allowance Increase. // Army Magazine;Aug2001, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p64
Focuses on the increase in housing allowance of E-1 through E-4 service members. Amount of increase; Reasons for the increase; Basis for the computation of housing allowance.
- Military Housing: Status of the Services' Implementation of the Current Barracks Design Standard: NSIAD-99-52. Gebicke, Mark E. // GAO Reports;3/24/1999, p1
The Defense Department (DOD) expects most single junior enlisted servicemembers to live on base in furnished living quarters?commonly called barracks. In November 1995, DOD adopted a new barracks construction standard, known as the 1+1 design standard, that called for more space and increased...
- A suspicious truck was spotted near the US military housing complex in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia... Hanson, Cynthia; Zipp, Yvonne // Christian Science Monitor;7/2/96, Vol. 88 Issue 152, p2
Reveals that a truck was spotted near the US military housing in Dharan, Saudi Arabia about two weeks before it was target of a bomb attack according to a senior US Air Force official.
- Farewell, old friends. // Army Reserve Magazine;Spring94, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p8
Provides a listing of several United States Army Reserve billets that became inactive during the 1994 fiscal year. Identification of these billets; Reason for the inactivation of these billets.
- Housing wins big in appropriations. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/16/96, Vol. 237 Issue 12, p17
Discusses provisions under the fiscal 1997 military construction appropriations bill that makes military housing a priority feature of the bill. Amount allotted for other military construction; Funding for health care projects such as hospitals and clinics in different states.
- Is Telephonic Completion of a 'Written' Questionnaire Sufficient? // Army Lawyer;Jan/Feb2002, Issue 349, p27
Discusses the sufficiency of a 'written' questionnaire during to evaluate the contract render base custodial services in an Airforce base in the U.S. Reference submitted by FC Construction; Decision of the Airforce to award the contract to other offeror; Allegation of FC Construction.
- Seabees, marines team up to improve barracks at Camp Horno. Gauthier, Rodney // Marines;Jun94, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the joint efforts of the Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 25 and marines from the 1st Marine Regiment to refurbish barracks at the Camp Horno Marine Corps Base. Billeting facilities for sergeants provided by the remodeled building; Cost of the renovation; Facilities available in...
- Shock Troops. Thomas, Scott // New Republic;7/23/2007, Vol. 237 Issue 2, p56
This article describes the author's experience serving time as a soldier in Iraq. Upon encountering a disfigured woman, he is astonished by his own desensitization and cruelty. The woman is seated next to them at a a chow hall where a fellow soldier announces his disgust at her appearance within...
- Statement on signing the Military Construction Appropriations Act, 1997. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;9/23/96, Vol. 32 Issue 38, p1772
Presents a transcript of President Bill Clinton's statement on September 16, 1996 on signing the 1997 Military Construction Appropriations Act, which provides funding for military construction. Clinton's disappointment that the Act provides more funding the he requested.